Lumps in driver seat...Help

Driver seat in CX-5 2017 just purchased has uncomfortable lumps in seat causing tail bone to hurt and pains in thigh of legs. This is bad enough that it feels it could cause a medical issue. Who can help me? Thanks

Why did you buy it?
Did not hurt on test drive. The lumps seem to move around. Put a towel over spot hitting tail bone that help for a little while but then my thighs started hurting causing pain going down legs. Dealer said they could not feel anything. I have read on other sites people with same complaint.

Which trim level?

There are many seat cushions available on Amazon that you could try. It's pretty easy to add additional padding, not sure if that will help in your situation.

Did not hurt on test drive. The lumps seem to move around. Put a towel over spot hitting tail bone that help for a little while but then my thighs started hurting causing pain going down legs. Dealer said they could not feel anything. I have read on other sites people with same complaint.

If the dealer is not willing to assist further, I would suggest contacting Mazda Corporate to file a complaint and get a case/ticket opened. It's very odd that the obstruction seems to move around to you, but the dealer is unable to replicate or even perceive the lump.

While you get this sorted out, I would recommend something like this as a temporary solution: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I have a leather chair I watch Tv in. It swivels and leans back but it's not like a recliner. It has that 'bucket' type seat and I can't sit in it any more without a pillow to fill the center part of the 'bucket'. It's just a fact of human anatomy.
My 16.5 CX5 seats aren't like the OPs', but relatively firm foam and I really appreciate the memory foam I've added on longer trips.

I have a leather chair I watch Tv in. It swivels and leans back but it's not like a recliner. It has that 'bucket' type seat and I can't sit in it any more without a pillow to fill the center part of the 'bucket'. It's just a fact of human anatomy.
My 16.5 CX5 seats aren't like the OPs', but relatively firm foam and I really appreciate the memory foam I've added on longer trips.

For sure, I've talked with a few members here about the gen 2 CX-5 seats and the side bolsters, as well as the gen 2 CX-9 seats and the shoulder bolsters. In both cases I suggested foam padding to "level out" the sharp bolsters, but those are really just temporary fixes that will likely end up being permanent because an actual fix would be too costly. It sucks, but it is what it is.

That said, in the post I quoted previously, it sounds like Elliepat's problem has something to do with an obstruction that is pressing against their tailbone. The cushion I linked should remove the pressure on the tailbone. Being a 2017, it's possible that the previous owner somehow damaged the seat bottom and the support is gone, or the padding has been worn down enough and flattened so much that Elliepat is feeling parts of the seat (hardware) that they would not normally feel if the seat was not damaged. Elliepat, I guess you could also compare your seat to another 2017/2018 CX-5 seat to see if there is a difference.

For sure, I've talked with a few members here about the gen 2 CX-5 seats and the side bolsters, as well as the gen 2 CX-9 seats and the shoulder bolsters. In both cases I suggested foam padding to "level out" the sharp bolsters, but those are really just temporary fixes that will likely end up being permanent because an actual fix would be too costly. It sucks, but it is what it is.

That said, in the post I quoted previously, it sounds like Elliepat's problem has something to do with an obstruction that is pressing against their tailbone. The cushion I linked should remove the pressure on the tailbone. Being a 2017, it's possible that the previous owner somehow damaged the seat bottom and the support is gone, or the padding has been worn down enough and flattened so much that Elliepat is feeling parts of the seat (hardware) that they would not normally feel if the seat was not damaged. Elliepat, I guess you could also compare your seat to another 2017/2018 CX-5 seat to see if there is a difference.

Sm1ke, thanks for your suggestions. I am in talks with Mazda at the moment. I bought my car because on test drive I really liked the seats. I had 2 to choose from - different colors. When I went back to deal, I did try other cars and did not have seat problems. I have a feeling the heating coil may be part of the problem as the foam has mashed down. This site has given me ideas as to purchasing a cushion that just solve my problem. Waiting to hear from Mazda now.

Mazda said service manager said seat is working normal. Now do I get in touch with now. Reading all these treads, it is obvious others have had this exact problem. Very dissatisfied customer.

It could well be normal. I found the Touring seats uncomfortable, with too much lumbar built in, so I went with the Sport AWD with Activsense trim for its softer cloth/foam seats. I did find the leather seats comfortable but didn't find the need to spend thousands more for them. At the GTs asking price I'd just spend a little more for the Reserve.

A car is the second biggest purchase behind a house most people will make. I took 3 test drives and sat in all 3 interior trims before signing any document.

I totally get how seat comfort can present itself as an issue only on longer drives. I sold BMWs a few years back and drove a current gen, 2016+ 5 series to a customer. I found its leather seats quite uncomfortable after about an hour. So, it pays to take long test drives.

As there are 3 different kinds of CX-5 seats, it could be worth looking into if you can trade for a different trim level. Sometimes dealers don't process the paperwork for 1-2 weeks and can unwind the transaction. If that doesn't work, your next best option is adding an aftermarket cushion.

Good idea, I tried that and they said no. I went back 2 days after purchased the car. I did drive the model 3 different days and the one I got had just been traded in and I liked that color better. I drove one and did not notice problem. From my research I am just screwed as it seems it is up to dealer if they will fix it. I just returned a leased car, Buick Envision that I could not drive because my knees hit steering wheel. My husband liked it but we did not by it. I am 80 years old and this is the first time I have ever had problems with cars. This Mazda drives like a dream. I live in the country and drive on lots of curvy roads and was excited with it thinking it would be my last car. My husband just passed away and it seems like everything I do creates another problem.

I have a heating pad on my mattress at home and the wires bothered me. I put a 1 1/2" comfort foam on it and it's fine. Heat works great, too.

Back