Lowered CX-5 Appreciation: Show me your drop!

So - and I'm really sorry if this is a dumb question - the alignment was required after the spring install?

You always want to do an alignment after you change suspension plus you can see if any camber or toe needs to be adjusted for the change in suspension geometry. Some people don't do alignments but technically you should.

2019 Signature lowered on Eibach springs.

sidewashed.jpg

anglewashed.jpg

Man, that looks nice. Any thoughts about blackening out the chrome?

You should do an alignment, but it is a good idea to wait a bit, until the new springs settle a bit.

Man, that looks nice. Any thoughts about blackening out the chrome?

Yea man, if I do indeed upgrade, it would now need to be lowered, and most definitely chrome delete (first mod fo sho, lol)

Looks great! Chrome delete and tint match and she roll ready...

Awesome pics in this thread. This is my very first post hope its up to par. 2016 GT with megan springs exact drop i was looking for. Ride is good however more noticeable on rough roads. No bobble-head effect my wife who is not a fan of lowering enjoyed the ride and actually said i could do the same to her CX3 next pics will be with 20" wheels.

MIDNIGHT 2.jpg

All cool photos! However the lack of actual part numbers in this thread is a bit disappointing.

Sure saying "CorkSport springs installed." is short and sweet but just think about people finding this thread later and wondering 'which CorkSport springs...' .

There is only one.

I'm guessing you are replying to the example of CorkSport. However CorkSport can change part numbers at any time. Additionally there are other vendors for the lowering solution - those vendors can also change part numbers. If people post exactly WHICH part from WHICH vendor then people going forward will have an exact frame of reference as to an expected result. If the part number changes in the future then comparisons can be made. Additionally posting a vendor + part number with a posted picture allows quick and easy searching with search engines or forum based searches.

How much did you all get charged to install your lowering springs? Or is it more feasible for me to get a spring compressor and impact gun to do it myself? I got my H&Rs in today.

Attachments

• 1D601267-3BC2-4AAE-9E5A-9C5CBC5F90D6.jpeg
    1D601267-3BC2-4AAE-9E5A-9C5CBC5F90D6.jpeg
    220 KB · Views: 239
How much did you all get charged to install your lowering springs? Or is it more feasible for me to get a spring compressor and impact gun to do it myself? I got my H&Rs in today.
honestly its an easy job most difficulty i had was with the end links but i live in Canada lots of salt so they were rusted. I even did it without the spring compressor just unloaded spring tension whilel still bolted together on the vehicle and lowered it slowly with a jack

Lower on BC Racing Coilover. Very comfortable ride. Custom rated spring 6k front 4.3k rear. 20” CX9 rims powder coat matte Black.

Looks good. Would look sharp even if the wheels weren't powdercoated.

Looks good. Would look sharp even if the wheels weren't powdercoated.

For sure man ! But when I’d bought them they were trash from the previous owner. Also the powder coat shop had an special offer that I’d couldn’t pass up.

Lower on BC Racing Coilover. Very comfortable ride. Custom rated spring 6k front 4.3k rear. 20” CX9 rims powder coat matte Black.

man this is nice setup even with the black wheels. really like how it lowers.
how is the ride with BC coilovers? makes me want to lower it again with coilovers.

That looks great. What is the part # of the BC Coilovers? I have just Eibach springs now and after looking at yours I want to go the coilover way and get mine lower.

Back