Lowered CX-5 Appreciation: Show me your drop!

Does lowering the suspension stop all of my items from being thrown around the trunk when I turn?

It doesn't cancel out centrifugal force.. but it reduces the body roll towards the outside of the turn haha.

Last edited:
I never touch anything, except those concrete stops in the parking lots. If I go too deep into them, than I scrape a bit.
Look at my picture above, you can see, how close is that concrete piece to my car's front chin.
What shocks are you running..?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I never touch anything, except those concrete stops in the parking lots. If I go too deep into them, than I scrape a bit.
Look at my picture above, you can see, how close is that concrete piece to my car's front chin.

My mudflap will hit that each time and if I'm not careful it'll pop off/pop push tabs when I back out

cb7cbb62a33c69106042af1f49273dde.jpg
156978d0fcb67238b0efdc355c9c7b27.jpg

CorkSport lowering springs + Koni shocks
19x8.5/9.5, 245/50/19

Ride is definitely harsher, but the handling benefits are worth it to me. I had H&R's prior to this setup and it wasn't low enough for my liking.

I will be installing Eibach Pro Kit springs on my 2018 this weekend. After posting in the Eibach Pro Kit installed thread, OP said the ride was great on stock struts but mentioned he did not do an alignment. Scouring all threads drop related on the CX-5, many have commented that the camber was negative in the rear and seems to be a real issue with lowering springs.

Saw in one of the threads that Megan Racing Rear camber kit for Gen 1 might work with Gen 2.

https://meganracing.com/suspension/type-suspension-arms/mazda-mitsubishi/mrs-mz-1689.html

Anyone care to confirm what they are using to adjust camber and confirm If the above link is what I will need? Would like to be proactive so I dont have to add more parts after install and alignment.

Thanks in advance

Same position here. Eibach kit will arrive next week. I just sent an email to Megan Racing to ask if their rear camber kit for the <2017 kit will fit. PLEASE let us know how your install goes and whether or not rear, front or both camber kits should be utilized.

Camber shouldn't be an issue, even if it is slightly out of spec, as long as your tires have a big enough sidewall (40 or 45, or higher). This is because the sidewall will allow the tire to flex a bit, maintaining the contact patch with the ground. It's more important to make sure your toe-in/toe-out is corrected during the alignment.

That said, being proactive never hurts, but I would want to get fitment confirmation straight from the horse's mouth.

Most likely, I'm the only one, who made it's own custom modification here(or anywhere in the world), I have CS springs, so I had to do something, way before these camber arms showed up. I have grabbed some original Mazda lateral links and made them adjustable. Left and right bung nuts and adjusters(all from Ebay= ~$150) welded in, after cutting out like 2-1/4" from the pipe. It's in factory spec, with 3-1/4" drop.

Same position here. Eibach kit will arrive next week. I just sent an email to Megan Racing to ask if their rear camber kit for the <2017 kit will fit. PLEASE let us know how your install goes and whether or not rear, front or both camber kits should be utilized.

Just heard from Mega Racing: "I'm sorry but we cannot confirm if this fits the awd model as we have only tested this on the 2wd models."

Anyone here live in San Jose, CA and be willing to have a test fitment? (rolleyes)

I will be installing Eibach Pro Kit springs on my 2018 this weekend. After posting in the Eibach Pro Kit installed thread, OP said the ride was great on stock struts but mentioned he did not do an alignment. Scouring all threads drop related on the CX-5, many have commented that the camber was negative in the rear and seems to be a real issue with lowering springs.

Saw in one of the threads that Megan Racing Rear camber kit for Gen 1 might work with Gen 2.

https://meganracing.com/suspension/type-suspension-arms/mazda-mitsubishi/mrs-mz-1689.html

Anyone care to confirm what they are using to adjust camber and confirm If the above link is what I will need? Would like to be proactive so I dont have to add more parts after install and alignment.

Thanks in advance

Aces72Aces, did you do the install?

You do not need any camber kits for the eibach springs on the 2017+ cx5. I'm running the eibach springs and everything went back into spec. I had an alignment done the day of the install at the mazda dealership.

Thanks in advance

I can confirm that the megan rear camber kit fits on the Gen 2. I just had mine installed this week.

You do not need any camber kits for the eibach springs on the 2017+ cx5. I'm running the eibach springs and everything went back into spec. I had an alignment done the day of the install at the mazda dealership.

So - and I'm really sorry if this is a dumb question - the alignment was required after the spring install?

Back