Lowered CX-5 Appreciation: Show me your drop!

What size tires are those?

20" cx9 wheels with nitto rubber

id prefer another 1.25" drop all around but the H&R seem to be the lowest springs I can find right now

Should have my white one cx-9 next week and I'll take pics

20" cx9 wheels with nitto rubber

id prefer another 1.25" drop all around but the H&R seem to be the lowest springs I can find right now

Should have my white one cx-9 next week and I'll take pics

Very nice. Love the CX-9 wheel since I first saw them in person on a CX-5 at the Mazda booth in the NY International Auto Show.

Curios how low the cx5 can go. Coming from the mk4 vw world I can't help but want to lower this thing. Even though I love the "off-road" capabilities. Wonder how much strain it would put on the drivetrain by changing the cv angles.

I'm coming from mk5 VW world and I want to do the same thing. Would be nice some Raceland coilovers. There is any camber adjustment on our cars? How much can be lowered before wearing the tires to much?
I will never go off road with this thing. I will make it as this Porsche:

Attachments

• porsche-gt3-rs-02.jpg
    porsche-gt3-rs-02.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 435
Uh Raceland Coilovers? No thanks. We don't need any more turd quality products. Absolutely the worst.

Agree with the no racelands statement. They are garbage. Owned them and upgraded as soon as I could. I prefer ride quality over looks.

I've got the H&R springs. Had them on for about 12,000 kms and turns out I 'forgot' to get an alignment when I installed the springs.
I have just changed the wheels over and discovered quite bad inner tyre wear on 2 of the tyres.
Is this likely to be a result of the misalignment that can be rectified with an alignment? or a camber issue?
Is camber adjustable with the CX5?
Is camber adjusted during an alignment?

I've got the H&R springs. Had them on for about 12,000 kms and turns out I 'forgot' to get an alignment when I installed the springs.
I have just changed the wheels over and discovered quite bad inner tyre wear on 2 of the tyres.
Is this likely to be a result of the misalignment that can be rectified with an alignment? or a camber issue? yes, both
Is camber adjustable with the CX5? - yes
Is camber adjusted during an alignment?yes

dont forget to post some pics. :)

I have just changed the wheels over and discovered quite bad inner tyre wear on 2 of the tyres.-I'll bet they were the rears, where camber goes more negative.
Is this likely to be a result of the misalignment that can be rectified with an alignment? or a camber issue?-Yes
Is camber adjustable with the CX5?-NO (contrary to previous post)
Is camber adjusted during an alignment?-NO (contrary to previous post)
And that is why many of us have held off on lowering springs as the drop puts the rear right on the edge of too much negative camber (and this is according to a tech I spoke with at H&R)

Sorry, but my tires were/are wearing just fine, with hard driving, power sliding included. The issue was probably lowering without an alignment (or low quality tire)

Would like to see it actually done on dry pavement, or even wet without understeer or spinning the inside rear wheel before DSC kicks in... "TIPtronic" or not.

Only way I can get it to "slide" is heavily induced weight transfer and trail braking...

Would like to see it actually done on dry pavement, or even wet without understeer or spinning the inside rear wheel before DSC kicks in... "TIPtronic" or not.

Only way I can get it to "slide" is heavily induced weight transfer and trail braking...
I can get it to slide in first, or better just by shifting 1-2 or 2-3 gear at mid to high rpm in at least a 30deg turn as long as it's not understeering too much the dsc wont kick in, but I also have wider tires and stiffer springs

Sorry, but my tires were/are wearing just fine, with hard driving, power sliding included. The issue was probably lowering without an alignment (or low quality tire)

Good news, thanks. Yes I should have had an alignment when I first installed the springs - but as time passed I forgot about it. The tyres were the factory tyres (yokohamas).

Back