Lowered CX-5 Appreciation: Show me your drop!

Aftermarket suspension lowered 1.75"
PXL_20221009_190637712.jpg

Question...is anybody running a FWD CX-5 with CorkSport springs or any other brands? I've been wanting to drop mine for a while and wasn't sure if the CorkSport ones would fit the same since they were advertised on an AWD model.
The springs will fit the same regardless of 2wd or awd. Just the 2wd model should be a little lighter so the vehicle may sit a hair higher than advertised for the awd models.

2024 Carbon Turbo dropped on CS springs. So fresh it hasn't even had its first oil change yet (2426 miles).

Other mods/upgrades: blacked out roof (PPF)
Full frontal clear PPF
Professionally applied ceramic coating
Full interior carbon fiber trim (real)

Upcoming: 20x8.5 245/45 DWS06s
possible rear spoiler, undecided
visors? idk. Tryna keep it clean and not ricey.

IMG_20240329_193536.jpg

IMG_20240329_193350.jpg

IMG_20240329_193236.jpg

2024 Carbon Turbo dropped on CS springs. So fresh it hasn't even had its first oil change yet (2426 miles).

Full frontal clear PPF

View attachment 326960
View attachment 326961
View attachment 326962
Looks really nice.

I have those tires waiting for my 20x9 wheels to arrive. They're going to be amazing but I'm not sure I like how skinny they look compared to other brands.

2024 Premium, Turbo, lowered front 2", rear 2.5" with BC Racing BR coilovers, Megan Racing front and rear ASBs, Maxspeed adjustable ASB end links, 4 front camber bolts, rear camber lower control arms.

Attached before and after alignment without front camber bolts. I've got it close after installing camber bolts but will get it dialed in on an alignment machine next week.

I have a set of gun metal wheels on order.

DRTuned turbo tune. Woke up this CX-5 and the suspension eats up the extra power.

Fun grocery getter..

EDIT: I removed the BC Racing BR coilovers over the weekend. After installing replacement dampers on the front, in about 30 miles the same noise returned. I removed the passenger side front strut looking for loose parts. I didn't find any. I set the spring tension per the YouTube video. Still rumbling over cracked pavement and rough road.

I put the OEM parts back on the car. No more front end noise.

I have at least 40 hours wrenching on this suspension. I'm giving BC Racing one more shot. They are sending a 2nd set of front dampers and mounting plate bearings. I hope this works...

I'm looking at Corksport lowering springs and Flatout SR coilovers. Flatout kit is more expensive. The dampers appear to be more robust than the other China coilovers I've looked at. If anyone is using Flatout Suspension SR, please post up your experience. Thanks

Lowerd Mazda CX 5.jpg
Mazda 3.10.24 alignment.jpg

Last edited:

Full frontal clear PPF

View attachment 326960
View attachment 326961
View attachment 326962

Be curious to see the real carbon interior mods you mention and where you got them :)

Back