Looking for a invoice pricing site, not TrueCar

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
There was a site that would give you invoice pricing and not TrueCar. There used to be sites that gave you a basic value that didn't include all the other misleading stuff like dealer hold back, incentives etc.

I can't seem to connect with this information. Ed

I don't really think any website is gonna reveal the real invoice price in modern times.. but this might get you close.

more reading:

the obscuring of the data is why a thread like this:

is so popular.

You could also go to a dealer and simply ask to see the invoice for the vehicle.. they will show you and this wont mean anything - that print out is simply for show. The complexity of manufacture kickbacks, holdbacks, bonuses, and much more makes looking at "invoice price" worthless.

Then you quickly go down the rabbit hole.. "well if I know how much they made them for, I can get the dealer to get me close to that..."

TLDR; get more than 15% off MSRP and you are at a good starting point for a good deal.

If KBB.com is your source then a 10% discount on MSRP is a "fair" price.

FYI

AutoTrader.com also owns used vehicle management software company vAuto, Kelley Blue Book (kbb.com), HomeNet Automotive, a leading provider of online inventory management and merchandising solutions for the automotive retail industry and VinSolutions, a leading provider of end-to-end solution platforms for dealers.

Just know that invoice price is not the real cost to dealer.
There are dealer holdback, volume discount, customer cash, etc.... that cuts below invoice.

Back