Looking at new tires

It is amazing that the Bridgestone ecopia are branded as all-season tire. Same goes for the falken, they are a nice sticky summer tire, but just a look at the thread and I know they would be terrible in any kind of slush and snow.

Have you considered running a dedicated set of winter or (Four season tires during winter)? That way you can keep using up the thread on the ecopias in the summer to minimize your losses.

It is amazing that the Bridgestone ecopia are branded as all-season tire. Same goes for the falken, they are a nice sticky summer tire, but just a look at the thread and I know they would be terrible in any kind of slush and snow.

Have you considered running a dedicated set of winter or (Four season tires during winter)? That way you can keep using up the thread on the ecopias in the summer to minimize your losses.

Very strange.. I had the Ecopia tires on for nearly 2 winters. Once I had adjusted the tire pressures to the correct PSI, they behaved as well as I could expect for all-season tires.

Gardidien, if you're still willing to deal with Mazda Corporate, I would attempt to get the issue escalated to a manager at Mazda Corporate. If you've already tried to do that, I would file a complaint with the BBB.

Very strange.. I had the Ecopia tires on for nearly 2 winters. Once I had adjusted the tire pressures to the correct PSI, they behaved as well as I could expect for all-season tires.

Gardidien, if you're still willing to deal with Mazda Corporate, I would attempt to get the issue escalated to a manager at Mazda Corporate. If you've already tried to do that, I would file a complaint with the BBB.

I triple checked the tire pressure myself and the dealer checked as well. The PSI is correct and within spec. Tires are fine in spring / summer / fall but once there's a drop of snow on the ground I might as well have racing slicks on the car.

I can try Mazda Corporate again but I feel like they're going to be even more unwilling to work with me now that it has been a year since I purchased the vehicle. BBB might get someone's attention.

I triple checked the tire pressure myself and the dealer checked as well. The PSI is correct and within spec. Tires are fine in spring / summer / fall but once there's a drop of snow on the ground I might as well have racing slicks on the car.

I can try Mazda Corporate again but I feel like they're going to be even more unwilling to work with me now that it has been a year since I purchased the vehicle. BBB might get someone's attention.

Oh I wasn't suggesting that you had overlooked anything, I was just stating my experience with the tires.

In any event, I hope you can reach some sort of resolution. The OEM tires on the CX-9 (whether they are Bridgestone or Falken) leave something to be desired.

Oh I wasn't suggesting that you had overlooked anything, I was just stating my experience with the tires.

In any event, I hope you can reach some sort of resolution. The OEM tires on the CX-9 (whether they are Bridgestone or Falken) leave something to be desired.

Didn't mean to imply that :) I'm just as shocked that people have decent experiences with these tires.

Bumped my complaint up the chain at Mazda corporate and received a response today that basically said sorry can't help you again.

"We are sorry to hear of the experience you had when working with Bridgestone and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Per our conversation with <Dealership>, they did not find anything wrong with the vehicle at the time of inspection.

Mazda does not warranty tires as they are considered to be wear and tear items. As such, this would normally be discussed with the tire manufacturer. We understand you have reached out to them and they have declined any type of assistance due to the concern being related to performance and not a defect on the tires. Unfortunately, we would not be providing assistance to replace the tires on your vehicle as the concern has been determined to be unrelated to the vehicle.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. "

Bumped my complaint up the chain at Mazda corporate and received a response today that basically said sorry can't help you again.

"We are sorry to hear of the experience you had when working with Bridgestone and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Per our conversation with <Dealership>, they did not find anything wrong with the vehicle at the time of inspection.

Mazda does not warranty tires as they are considered to be wear and tear items. As such, this would normally be discussed with the tire manufacturer. We understand you have reached out to them and they have declined any type of assistance due to the concern being related to performance and not a defect on the tires. Unfortunately, we would not be providing assistance to replace the tires on your vehicle as the concern has been determined to be unrelated to the vehicle.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. "

I would strongly recommend going to your local Firestone and talking to the store manager. That’s what I did and then I called their corporate and asked for the regional manager and then they helped me.

Hey everyone. I have a 2019 CX-9 GT. I am not happy at all with the Bridgestone ecopias. Looking at replacing the tires with one of these three. Money doesn’t matter as I want a good set of tires.

Michelin LTX
Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus II
Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus

Debating whether to keep stock size 255/50/20 or go just a tad wider which will give a tad extra sidewall and a little more grip to 265/50/20. I’m really curious on ones opinions on the tires. I’ve had the premier ltx on my last vehicle. Good tire. I see they changed the tread and it’s deeper. Any and all recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
Post in thread '2016 CX-9 GT AWD Next set of replacement tires?' https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/ind...t-of-replacement-tires.123875087/post-6723062

My 2018 CX9 GT AWD has 25K and the stock Ecopia tires are shot. I ordered the Michelin Defender LTX (they're getting installed tomorrow).

If you are thinking of Michelin, it's a tough call between the Defender LTX and the Premier LTX. If you value long life and winter performance, the Defender is a no brainer; if you prefer a performance oriented tire, the Premier is probably better.

Good write up here: https://tirereviewsandmore.com/michelin-defender-ltx-m-s-reviews/

In my experience, most tires perform pretty well for the first 1.5 years / 20K miles. It's the last 10-15K miles of performance that sets tires apart. Nobody wants to live with loud tires or tires that have poor wet/winter performance.

If you are going to use an all season year round in a snowy climate you may also consider the following:

BF Goodrich ADVANTAGE T/A SPORT LT (H rated)​

Goodyear ASSURANCE WEATHERREADY (V rated)​

Back