Live traffic?

:
CX5 '21 GTR
Last time I checked (back in 2018 lol) there was no live traffic information available for CX5 navigation.

Has this changed?

My 2019 CX-5 came with a 3 yr. free subscription to XM traffic information. I live near El Paso, TX so if you turn on the option on the menu the answer is yes...However XM live traffic coverage is spoty around the country...Google it to see if it's available in your area.

I have Garmib GPSs with both XM traffic and XM HD traffic and they are both pretty sporadic if you ask me. The HD is supposed to update quicker but seems like it doesn't pick up anything.

More than once I could see a traffic jam with my own eyes before it showed up on the GPS. Google maps is probably quicker.

Google maps won't project directions on the windshield. I'd love to read directions from the windshield, but Mazda's lack of decent navigation kills it completely.

When I travel, I use both.
Mazda Navi for HUD projection and google map for traffic.

When I travel, I use both.
Mazda Navi for HUD projection and google map for traffic.

That's inconvenient and not safe. I also use both Mazda's navigation and google, they give conflicting directions and talking at the same time. This is what I've been dreaming of fixing since day one of having cx5 (five years)

The way I use them, I used google map for two purposes. Traffic and map correction. No voice guidance from google map.

Back