Limited Slip Differential for FWD CX-5?

:
2013 VRM Mazdaspeed3, 2016 Soul Red CX-5 GT
Was wondering if anyone knows if there is an aftermarket limited slip differential available for the FWD CX-5?

Was wondering if anyone knows if there is an aftermarket limited slip differential available for the FWD CX-5?
I doubt it as the differential for FWD CX-5 is built in with transmission as one unit - transaxle.

I doubt it as the differential for FWD CX-5 is built in with transmission as one unit - transaxle.
I see, that is unfortunate. The CX-5 makes a good amount of low end torque, that trying to launch from a stop straight into a turn will cause the inside tires to spin. When it happened today, the car almost shuddered as it tried to find grip to turn while spinning the inside tires. I wonder if the people with AWD CX-5s have this issue.

I see, that is unfortunate. The CX-5 makes a good amount of low end torque, that trying to launch from a stop straight into a turn will cause the inside tires to spin. When it happened today, the car almost shuddered as it tried to find grip to turn while spinning the inside tires. I wonder if the people with AWD CX-5s have this issue.
I have an AWD but I don't drive the way you described. But in theory i-Activ AWD system would help the situation you described. And have you tried with TCS off?

The awd cx5 will cut power if an acceleration is done at a very sharp angle with tcs on. Lesser extent with it off (even less ifbyiu disable it by holding for 10 sec). Dsc will always kick in later as long as the fuse is in. In general though, you can say wot from a stop through a 90 degree turn and you won't get a power cut. But you have to control the gear and throttle sometimes as it approaches fuel cutoff. Figure out what rpm your cutoff is and dont go to second until your gonna hit the cutoff or your coming out of your turn. Also the oem tire is not good for grip.

I have an AWD but I don't drive the way you described. But in theory i-Activ AWD system would help the situation you described. And have you tried with TCS off?
That is something I normally do with my Speed3, but I have no issues with it because it has a LSD. I have not tried with TCS off. I really don't see myself driving with TCS off. I bet it works better on an AWD CX-5 even if it doesn't have full mechanical LSD.

The awd cx5 will cut power if an acceleration is done at a very sharp angle with tcs on. Lesser extent with it off (even less ifbyiu disable it by holding for 10 sec). Dsc will always kick in later as long as the fuse is in. In general though, you can say wot from a stop through a 90 degree turn and you won't get a power cut. But you have to control the gear and throttle sometimes as it approaches fuel cutoff. Figure out what rpm your cutoff is and dont go to second until your gonna hit the cutoff or your coming out of your turn. Also the oem tire is not good for grip.
Good info, thanks for sharing. I do think the tires on our CX-5 has lost a good amount of grip. I don't remember having this issue when I had less than 10k miles on the car. The car now has 18.5k miles. Driving on wet weather makes it worse. Even my wife, who is not exactly that knowledgeable with cars, commented on the loss of grip when trying to accelerate while turning.

The shuddering may be from the TCS applying brake to the spinning wheel...

most likely need better tires

The shuddering may be from the TCS applying brake to the spinning wheel...

Back