License Plate Frames/Covers

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hi All,

Just curious what kind of license plate frames/covers you're currently using? I just purchased some LuxeShields. They look pretty decent, so hopefully they're as good as they say they are.

Anyway, just curious.

I've always just sprayed the dealer frames black, Yeah you can still see the dealer name, but who cares.

Pet peeve, no frame no advertising.
I knew somebody was going to mention this :) the license frame is free, unlike the items that you pay lots of money for to advertise their logo, got anything with Nike Adidas Puma Under Armour on it? Have you debadged your Mazda? I've got my own peculiarities and preferences so that's okay. But on a related note, every car I pick up I insist they do not have the dealer sticker or plaque on the back. How many of you are driving around would that gawd-awful Mazda Dealer sticker on your back lid?

Last edited:
I'm ok with buying and using a branded product because that's my choice. I wouldn't de-badge my Mazda because I have no reason to. My beef with advertising is when the reseller tries to add their advertising, usual unasked. I also request the dealer not put their sticker or front plate (PA does not have front license plates) on any vehicle I purchase. If Kohl's Department store starts adding their name to my Nike shirt or Sneaker World puts their name on my Adidas sneakers, then I also would have a problem.

On topic, I just prefer my Mazda without a plate frame.

Attachments

• 90D047D2-8FE7-40CA-80AD-923EB93646B5.png
    90D047D2-8FE7-40CA-80AD-923EB93646B5.png
    52 KB · Views: 121
I've always used the cheap black plastic (so rust-free) frames from WalMart, but this last time around I couldn't find any. I went w/Hal2's theory of using the dealer-provided (black plastic) ones, but used a black sharpie to cover over the dealer's name. It looks bad if you look right at it (sort of like how the painter sees every little flaw when you paint a room), but quickly becomes forgotten.

I debadged my 2014 somewhat, but haven't done anything with the 2020. As Phil Collins sang, "I don't care any-mo!"

When I buy a car I always tell the sales person not to put any dealer stickers or license plate frames on my new car. If the stickers are there they're coming off and so is the plate frames. When I bought the CX there were no stickers on it but the license plate frame was in place. I told the salesman that I'll be taking that off as soon as I get home and tossing it in the bin, he didn't care.

I use a clear cover over my plates. It makes it a bit harder to apply the annual sticker on the rear plate but I manage.

I have used these for several years...too many bug that stick to the license plate and pit the paint. Also helps with rock chips and salt. Comes with screws and are thin framed. Dealer frames typically cover too much of the plate for my liking, often cutting off the state motto or whatever. They cost money, but I they last for years...like 5-7 or more. If you are OCDC, you use a little bit of foam weather strip sitting in the basement to more or less weather seal the unit. You have to remove the assembly once per year to put on new registration stickers, and that is usually enough cleaning for the the year.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned).

Back