Leather Seat Crease

So I've been shopping for a used 2017/2018 GT and keep noticing patterns. The driver side seat consistently is found with a crease. Is this a common problem, anyone else bothered by it ?

1594182752049.png

Yes and No.

👆👆

If it bothers you, you can buy a brand new one, but after sitting in the seat for a while, it's bound to happen again. It appears to be more pronounced depending on the previous owner and their weight, as well as the way they enter/exit the car. Some examples of seat creasing/wear on an Audi and a Lexus (both 2017 models).

1.JPG
2.JPG

👆👆

If it bothers you, you can buy a brand new one, but after sitting in the seat for a while, it's bound to happen again. It appears to be more pronounced depending on the previous owner and their weight, as well as the way they enter/exit the car. Some examples of seat creasing/wear on an Audi and a Lexus (both 2017 models).

View attachment 225632View attachment 225633

That is what I'm thinking as well. Even if I buy new, my gut tells me this is probably going to happen regardless 2-4 years down the line. I wanted to see what you guys thought just to make sure its "normal". Can't wait to join the cx5 club !

So I've been shopping for a used 2017/2018 GT and keep noticing patterns. The driver side seat consistently is found with a crease. Is this a common problem, anyone else bothered by it ?

View attachment 225622
There’s a worldwide TSB on this issue. And do a search, there’s a long thread about this problem.

It's not only a leather issue but a seat issue in general. I have a '15 CX-5 fabric seat and mine has done the same thing. Passenger seat no issue but I hardly have anyone in my vehicle for it to cause problems. I also have rubbing/fading of the black on the inner side where my leg rests against the console.

Attachments

• seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 187
Back