What did you pay for your CX-9?

Go for a 2020. Picked up a GT in gray for $6k off msrp before loyalty rebate. That was a straight dealer discount, non financed. A fre new features of the 21's are not worth the savings you get on a 20.

Was out yesterday in metro Atlanta looking at 2021 GTs. They are in limited supply. Without any real effort, the dealer offered $6k off sticker on 2020. Was offering $2k off sticker on the 2021. May wait to see if 21's come down when inventory picks up.

Buy the 2020 unit now . I got a 2018 Touring CX 9 in 2019 and got the same off . If there isn't a great difference in equipment layout , do it .

Lease ended on our 2017 CX-5 GT and we turned it in to lease a 2021 CX-9 Carbon Edition AWD for $41,759 (Sticker was $44,080). $510/month, 36mo, 10k mi/yr and no money except first month payment of $510 up front.

I signed the paperwork on a 2021 AWD CX-9 grand touring over the weekend in Massachusetts. I went to a volume dealer in the area that advertises prices on their website at KBB fair market value. MSRP was 45k, they reduced to 43k plus doc fee. This price is essentially the same as invoice and the KBB fair market price and what another dealer offered me via email. The problem right now is there is very low inventory. They are going to Connecticut to locate blue with black interior for me. I think with greater inventory availability, I could have negotiated another 1k off the price. Also, they had a blue mica with sand interior in their inventory but I felt I'd hate myself later for compromising on the interior color.

I had already gotten a price on my trade in from Carmax which the dealer immediately matched minus the sales tax savings so I felt pretty good about the overall deal.

New CX-9 owner this week. Lease was ending on my ‘18 Mazda 6 and we needed something with more room. Got an excellent lease deal. Only paid first month up front. $421 monthly for a *33* month lease term.

Hi everyone!

I'm thinking of leasing a CX9 touring in the NYC area. Would anyone have lease financials I should to shoot for, along with the usual criteria that were applied (miles, due at signing, selling price)?

Thank you!

Leased our ‘21 Sig for $44,700. DFW area.
$524/mo, $3k +1st down, 36 mo, 12,000 mi/yr. Thought that was a good deal.

Just looked up my lease contract.

2018 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring AWD
Exterior: White
Interior: Black
MSRP: $43,465 (September 2018)

Sale price used for lease: $39,969
Residual Value: 57%
Miles per year: 12K
Money Factor: .00007
Lease Monthly Payment: $505, including taxes (w/ nothing down)

Buy out will be $24.7K.

New member to the Mazda club!

* Year: 2021 (Updated grill, new big screen, wireless charging)
* Model/Trim: Takami (Top trim in New Zealand with Napa leather and fully loaded). Signature equivalent?
* RRP: About NZD$71,000 drive-away ($ 51,056 USD) including all taxes.
* Price paid: $66,000NZD drive away including all taxes PLUS all accessories at cost price. ($47k USD)

Possible 2021 FWD GT in metallic gray. MSRP $43,985, dealer willing to do $38,410. Hesitate to pull trigger, maybe as their lots fill up I can get this even lower.

Possible 2021 FWD GT in metallic gray. MSRP $43,985, dealer willing to do $38,410. Hesitate to pull trigger, maybe as their lots fill up I can get this even lower.
With PP or without? Any other factory accessories on the sticker(not dealer added)? Is this with financing or cash?

Last edited:
With PP or without? Any other factory accessories on the sticker(not dealer added)? Is this with financing or cash?
Sorry new here but what is PP?

Factory accessories includes only rear cargo mat and rear cargo cover. I asked to remove them for better price but they said no. This includes no financing paying in cash.

I found another deal willing to do $38,016...weird number so I countered with $37,500 he said he has to ask manager.

I've never bought a Mazda but $6,000 off MSRP seems pretty good?

Sorry new here but what is PP?

Factory accessories includes only rear cargo mat and rear cargo cover. I asked to remove them for better price but they said no. This includes no financing paying in cash.

I found another deal willing to do $38,016...weird number so I countered with $37,500 he said he has to ask manager.

I've never bought a Mazda but $6,000 off MSRP seems pretty good?
Sorry ignore the question about PP, that is the premium package that applies to the cx-5 not cx9. The price you received of 38k is just at. 13.5 percent off sticker. It's an excellent quote and if there are no shenanigans like $1500 doc fee then you should take it and call it a good day. Just be sure it's a straight dealer discount and not a price that has rebates in it that you don't qualify for. Lots of dealers do that to lure you in but its not a real price. Also if you own another mazda, you get another 750 loyalty discount on top. Be sure they are not including that in price quoted.

Otherwise, just do it!

Btw, those factory add ons cannot be removed from price so that is true. If dealer add on then yes can be removed.

Sorry ignore the question about PP, that is the premium package that applies to the cx-5 not cx9. The price you received of 38k is just at. 13.5 percent off sticker. It's an excellent quote and if there are no shenanigans like $1500 doc fee then you should take it and call it a good day. Just be sure it's a straight dealer discount and not a price that has rebates in it that you don't qualify for. Lots of dealers do that to lure you in but its not a real price. Also if you own another mazda, you get another 750 loyalty discount on top. Be sure they are not including that in price quoted.

Otherwise, just do it!

Btw, those factory add ons cannot be removed from price so that is true. If dealer add on then yes can be removed.
Thanks so much! I countered at $37,500 but will pull the trigger at $38,000. Hopefully by this weekend will be in possession of a new cx9 🤞🤞

I just checked a different quote from another dealer and they have a $249 anti theft charge. Lady said it's a one time activation of the VIN sticker anti theft stickers or something like that. Never heard of this before, is it worth it?

I just checked a different quote from another dealer and they have a $249 anti theft charge. Lady said it's a one time activation of the VIN sticker anti theft stickers or something like that. Never heard of this before, is it worth it?

Nope, not worth it IMO. If you're interested in that car, tell them to waive the charge or find you another car without it.

$38k sounds like a good deal, I'd pull the trigger too. Hope all goes well with the purchase!

Just heard back from my counter of $37,500. Best they can do is $37,961. 🤔🤔🤔

This is cash price, unfortunately I am not a Mazda owner to get an additional discount.

Last edited:
Just heard back from my counter of $37,500. Best they can do is $37,961. 🤔🤔🤔

This is cash price, unfortunately I am not a Mazda owner to get an additional discount.
Are the doc and admin fees the same at both dealers or is the cheaper dealer higher? Def do not fall for that VIN theft sticker thing. Complete gag and dealer cost is like $10. Don't need it AT ALL.

I'd counter back at $37,750 and say you are all in and ready to give a deposit immediately if they will accept. Odds are they will. It's the end of the month. If they are really set on that final price and willing to let you walk, then take the deal but tell them you'll think about it some more first to make them sweat it.

Just picked up a 2021 CX-9 Touring with premium package, this Sunday. I guess I got an end of the month deal
$38910 MSRP, online price $35194
walked out with 36/15k Lease $407 month.
They gave me $3k for my 2009 GT with 188K miles and a laundry list of stuff that did not work. I never saw them test drive my car, I assume with the mileage its going right to auction or the crusher. Even if this isn't a great deal I am glad to be rid of the 2009.

Back