Off Topic Kandi K27 First Drive & Review

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Just saw this review for a 2021 Kandi K 27 EV. The tester Kyle Conner drove around the K 27 in Dallas area and was impressed. This’s the cheapest car available in the US for under $9,999 after federal EV credit. This car can be an excellent second or third car as an accessary for our family.

This class of vehicles is interesting. There is a market for an inexpensive, subcompact EV at a low price range.

There's a catch, that price is only for the 1st 1,000 orders.

13,000 dollars after rebates is still a reasonable price for a city car. Crash safety is a major concern in a small car to begin with, but I certainly wouldn't be in the market for an untested and unproven vehicle.

NHTSA does not proactively test cars before they go on sale in the US, although the agency may check them afterward to ensure compliance, said Coleman Sachs, an auto industry consultant.
Kandi said that its cars, which have been used for car sharing services in China, have passed crash tests there. Kandi has made cars in China since 2007, a Kandi spokesperson said. The new K23 and K27, which are not yet on China's roads, are similar to earlier Kandi models available there, the spokesperson said in an email.
However, despite guidance from Kandi America, CNN reporters in China were unable to find any records of crash tests of the K23, K27, or other Kandi models in China. Kandi also did not share its own documentation of crash tests based on either Chinese or US testing standards despite repeated requests from CNN.

This class of vehicles is interesting. There is a market for an inexpensive, subcompact EV at a low price range.

There's a catch, that price is only for the 1st 1,000 orders.

13,000 dollars after rebates is still a reasonable price for a city car. Crash safety is a major concern in a small car to begin with, but I certainly wouldn't be in the market for an untested and unproven vehicle.

Yes, even if this Kandi K 27 EV drives like a high performance golf car, the safety would be a concern especially you plan to drive it like Kyle Conner did on the Dallas highway. I’m a bit surprised Geely Automobile can sell an EV in the US without a crush test by NHTSA.

Back