JoeP FPR testimonials

sXe

:
03.5 MSP
I'm thinking of getting the JoeP Fuel Pressure Reducer, and even though it's $25, money is tight. Is it worth getting the FPR or just get the ECU flashed? And does it really make a noticeable difference? I'm leaning more toward the FPR than flashing the ECU, since I've heard of complications with raising boost when the ECU is flashed.

I had the first flash when it came out. The car lost it and I didnt get the second one. I ordered the trio from JoeP, hasn't gotten here yet so I couldn't tell you. However, since you're new and you probably haven't seen the JoeP thread, it may take up to 1-2 months for you to get it from Joe since he is currently behind. So if you do decide to order, communications may be hard for him and you will have to wait a while before you will get it. Just FYI.

thanks laracroft, I figure I'd get the FPR, FCD, and the other thing he offers all at once if I can. I know the flash is free, but I've heard it can cause complications if one starts upping boost levels, which I haven't done yet, but I plan to do in the future. So I don't want to screw myself over from the start.

Iinstalled the FPR on my stock MSP first and didn't notice much of a difference. Maybe a little less hesitation. Now that I have the entire trio on, it is like a new car. Much nicer to drive. If you can stand the wait for them you'll be very happy for the money spent!!

Hi! (I'm new to thus forum) I've also ordered this kit.. but my car is flashed already. I'll like to know if anyone has been using JoeP's kit with a flashed car and to what effects... I hear it's safe... but to what extent? (any testing done?)

Last edited:
flash is a good idea there is a thread somewhere anyhere where someone tryed a flash and a nonflashed computer, and he hated the nonflashed. in my own opinion flash is better even boosting more. i am 10psi btw.

I took mine off when I got my Injen....I couldn't bring myself to drill into my pretty new intake. I am flashed anyway and never noticed much of a difference when I had it on. I don't think I will ever hook it up again.

sXe said:
I know the flash is free, but I've heard it can cause complications if one starts upping boost levels, which I haven't done yet, but I plan to do in the future. So I don't want to screw myself over from the start.
I'm flashed and running 10-11psi daily on 91 octane. I've got 42,xxx miles, and not one problem yet. Look at all my mods in my sig...And I had the catless DP for quite some time as well. You'll be happier with the flash.

sXe said:
anybody have the FPR already?
I have a Joep FPR never used still in the packaging with instructions. I bought it for my first MSP and never used it. Will sell it to you for $15 shipped. PM me if you're interested.

2K3 MSP said:
I'm flashed and running 10-11psi daily on 91 octane. I've got 42,xxx miles, and not one problem yet. Look at all my mods in my sig...And I had the catless DP for quite some time as well. You'll be happier with the flash.
Your mods help cool things down so it is safer to then turn up the boost more. It would be more risky to run 11 PSI without the mods than with them. Early on everyone felt that 9-10 PSI was the max. you would want to go with the flash. Now that more parts are availiable and more mods to keep things cooler people are pushing them more without problems.

jurgs01 said:
I have a Joep FPR never used still in the packaging with instructions. I bought it for my first MSP and never used it. Will sell it to you for $15 shipped. PM me if you're interested.

If you still have the FPR please let me know, I will purchase it. Thanks

i have one i bought that i never used LOL ....atleast I think i still have it...

Since this thread is back on top, has anyone dynoed with the FPR and the re-flash? I have one laying around that I took off after getting the flash and I'm thinking about putting it back on. I just want to know how much it leans it out.

IF you still have it I am interested!

Back