Jeff's 2008 Special Edition Build Thread...

Hard wired a Cobra CBR840 dash cam in today using this 12V outlet from Best Buy. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/peripheral-12v-dc-adapter-black/8294179.p?id=1172880155160&skuId=8294179

Ran the dash cam wire under the windshield header, down the A-pillar and connected it to the outlet behind the area where the fog light switch is located. Used an add-a-fuse to hook it up and had a helluva time finding a fuse that didn't have power on all of the time. Finally found one, the 20A fuse for the wipers under the hood.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Emilia - Dash Cam.jpeg
    Emilia - Dash Cam.jpeg
    359.5 KB · Views: 1,080
Last edited:
Thanks Mahk.

Horns were ordered, arrived and are installed. Mounted a pair of Hella Sharptones in place of that wimpy stock horn today! :) I think the previous owner installed a second OEM horn, unless the NCs came with two from the factory? I didn't think so as all of the write ups I found mentioned running a jumper wire from one horn to the other for power and the wire connecting both horns was a bright blue in color. Not complaining as it made wiring it up much easier and I just re-used both brackets to mount/ground the Hellas too. I did use the relay provided by Hella and placed some liquid electrical tape around the spade connectors as I couldn't quite get them to face downwards which is preferred. So bring it, all you inattentive drivers! lol

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Emilia - Hella Sharptones.jpeg
    Emilia - Hella Sharptones.jpeg
    659.1 KB · Views: 1,580
  • Emilia - Hella Sharptones1.jpeg
    Emilia - Hella Sharptones1.jpeg
    333.4 KB · Views: 1,594
Last edited:
I forgot to mention, I just installed the nautilus horn when I got home from the glen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see. So no mods turned into JBR silicon hoses, a shift knob and now a Nautilus. When is that intake and exhaust arriving? :p

No exhaust and I'm not doing springs ! ( I did get some sway bars though shhhhhh!)

This beauty was delivered today! New rad cap should be arriving at the dealer tomorrow and want to source some new hose clamps. Looking for black worm drive clamps, I despise spring clamps.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Emilia - GWR Coolant Tank.jpeg
    Emilia - GWR Coolant Tank.jpeg
    382.8 KB · Views: 674
Shortly after ordering the GWR coolant tank, I realized that it was just too darn pretty for an OEM cap.

attachment.php

So I started searching for an aftermarket cap. That's when I realized there isn't much out there, that appealed to me anyway. I liked the Apexi but wish it didn't come in gold, couldn't find the Arc in an NC fitment and wasn't crazy about the color (red) of the HKS. That's when I remembered Adam over at http://revlimiter.net/ who makes custom inserts for oil caps. After a few emails, he made a Model80 insert for me in a custom size. I promptly ordered an OEM cap knowing it would be transformed into something I felt was worthy of the GWR tank.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Emilia - GWR Aluminum Coolant Tank With OEM Rad Cap.jpeg
    Emilia - GWR Aluminum Coolant Tank With OEM Rad Cap.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 1,577
  • Emilia - GWR Aluminum Coolant Tank With revlimiter M80 Insert.jpeg
    Emilia - GWR Aluminum Coolant Tank With revlimiter M80 Insert.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 1,596
I love Adam's work. It's well worth the money (and pretty damn cheap in any case). That is so nice.

Thanks guys. Calling the powder coater today to see when I can drop it off.

In the meantime, I've made some subtle changes in the engine bay to dress it up. First up and maybe not so subtle is a custom oil cap I bought from a member over on miata.net. I thought about buying the MS3 oil cap but they only come in red. In addition I replaced the stock nuts for the air box, coolant tank, A/C bracket, windshield washer tank and ABS bracket with aluminum flanged dome nuts from ProBolt-USA.com.

Oil Cap
attachment.php

Air Box Before and After
attachment.php

attachment.php

Coolant Tank and A/C Bracket Before and After
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Emilia - Custom RV Oil Cap.jpeg
    Emilia - Custom RV Oil Cap.jpeg
    664.9 KB · Views: 1,250
  • Emilia - Stock Nuts - Air Box.jpeg
    Emilia - Stock Nuts - Air Box.jpeg
    571.6 KB · Views: 1,234
  • Emilia - Pro Bolt Flanged Dome Nuts - Air Box.jpeg
    Emilia - Pro Bolt Flanged Dome Nuts - Air Box.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 1,224
  • Emilia - Stock Nuts - Coolant Tank and AC Bracket.jpeg
    Emilia - Stock Nuts - Coolant Tank and AC Bracket.jpeg
    499.5 KB · Views: 1,260
  • Emilia - Pro Bolt Flanged Dome Nuts - Coolant Tank and AC Bracket.jpeg
    Emilia - Pro Bolt Flanged Dome Nuts - Coolant Tank and AC Bracket.jpeg
    503.4 KB · Views: 1,176
Last edited:
Windshield Washer Tank and ABS Bracket Before and After (For the windshield washer tank, I replaced the bolt with a 6mm socket cap bolt and 23mm drilled washer)
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Emilia - Stock Nuts and Bolt - ABS Bracket and Windshield Washer Tank.jpeg
    Emilia - Stock Nuts and Bolt - ABS Bracket and Windshield Washer Tank.jpeg
    282.1 KB · Views: 1,195
  • Emilia - Pro Bolt Flanged Dome Nuts and Socket Cap Bolt Drilled Washer Combo - ABS Bracket and .jpeg
    Emilia - Pro Bolt Flanged Dome Nuts and Socket Cap Bolt Drilled Washer Combo - ABS Bracket and .jpeg
    272.7 KB · Views: 1,165
Last edited:
Jeff what tank did you just replace? Looks clean, nice oil cap...I see you found the small set screw!

Jeff what tank did you just replace? Looks clean, nice oil cap...I see you found the small set screw!

Will be replacing the plastic coolant tank with the new aluminum tank offered by GWR. Hope to have it installed by the end of the year. I'll be dropping it off with a local powder coater this Friday morning. Thanks and yes I did find the set screw but it was already set for me. :) I bought it from Rich Velardo and it is a custom job. The NC motor uses a 1/4 twist style cap vs. the screw on cap used by previous generations. He took the top of a MSM cap and grafted it to the bottom of a stock NC cap. He was nice enough to throw an allen wrench in the box too. haha

Looks nice and clean Jeff. Are you getting the new expansion tank PCed?

Thanks! Yessir, going to be dropping it off Friday morning along with a few other things.

Installed the GWR tank today! It took about 20 minutes, having a siphon pump was great for extracting the coolant out of the OEM tank. Also used a torch to heat up the hoses, after about 15 seconds, they slipped right off. I used some 5/8 worm gear clamps for the small hoses and painted them gloss black. Sitting atop it, is an OEM rad cap with custom revlimiter.net M80 insert. I had the OEM coolant tank bracket powdercoated gloss black to flow with the newly installed hardware and tank. Upon pulling it off, I realized that white hood rod clip had to go. Found a black one at a local Nissan dealer. :) Next up, I ordered the IL Motorsports power steering cap cover and A/C check valve caps from Moss. I had these powdercoated Volk Mag Blue along with the coolant tank. The guys in the machine shop at work made some stainless steel covers for the plastic battery and fuse box covers and I had them powdercoated gloss black. Used some silicone to affix them. I know the stock intake is well designed, but that stock air box is killing me. lol

Engine Bay - Before
attachment.php

Engine Bay - After
attachment.php

GWR Tank / revlimiter M80 Insert / Battery Cover / IL Motorsports PS Cap Cover and H A/C Check Valve Cap
attachment.php

Zip Ties and Rubber Bands came in handy while the bracket was MIA
attachment.php

OEM Coolant Tank Bracket / Nissan Hood Rod Clip
attachment.php

Attachments

• Emilia - Engine Bay Bling - Before.jpeg
    Emilia - Engine Bay Bling - Before.jpeg
    498.6 KB · Views: 1,871
  • Emilia - Engine Bay Bling - After.jpeg
    Emilia - Engine Bay Bling - After.jpeg
    484.3 KB · Views: 1,158
  • Emilia - GWR Aluminum Coolant Tank - Powdercoated Volk Mag Blue(1).jpeg
    Emilia - GWR Aluminum Coolant Tank - Powdercoated Volk Mag Blue(1).jpeg
    331.7 KB · Views: 2,370
  • Emilia - Zip Ties and Rubber Bands.jpeg
    Emilia - Zip Ties and Rubber Bands.jpeg
    347.1 KB · Views: 1,154
  • Emilia - OEM Coolant Tank Bracket - Powdercoated Gloss Black with Nissan Hood Rod Clip.jpeg
    Emilia - OEM Coolant Tank Bracket - Powdercoated Gloss Black with Nissan Hood Rod Clip.jpeg
    339.6 KB · Views: 1,097
Last edited:
Back