JB4 Mazda 2.5T Development

What about transmission shift points?

Except in manual mode, the tuned fattened power band can't be fully utilized without modifying shift points to match the revised power band.

What about transmission shift points?

Except in manual mode, the tuned fattened power band can't be fully utilized without modifying shift points to match the revised power band.

We just let it shift itself, makes more power to redline with the JB4 installed as dyno reflects.

We just let it shift itself, makes more power to redline with the JB4 installed as dyno reflects.
Yeah, the curves look good.

During WOT pulls, does it shift at stock shift points or does it "listen" to the enhanced powerband and shift at higher RPMs?

Terry@BMS
Will my car pass the annual NY inspection with the JB4 installed? Do I have to take it out during annual inspection? The JB4 should come standard with the M3TH, lol. Just makes your M3TH go zoom-zoom. By the way I had a pretty hard timing taking out that MAP connector. Took me almost 30 minutes and a sore right thumb. I almost gave up.

Figured I'd post a quick update from the main JB4 development thread on n54tech.

MAF control for V1 of the JB4 (for the CX-5, CX-9, and Mazda6 models) was recently tested on a 2019 Mazda CX-9, and it looks like it went pretty well! +46hp/68tq over stock numbers, on 91 to boot. Sounds like fun :) Here's a link, post #844.

attachment.php

I also changed the thread title and moved the thread to the Lounge since the JB4 is available for all platforms that use the 2.5T.

That is not bad. 272HP and 365 lbs/ft at the wheels is very impressive. Do you have to drop the front bumper to install?
Depends on the size of your hands and your dexterity. If your hands aren’t too meaty, you can do it without dropping the bumper cover. You’ll spend 30 minutes just on the intercooler connection. It’s 95% patience and 5% skill. The remainder of the install takes about 10-15 minutes. I’ve installed/removed it twice now. Worth noting: There’s a small plastic shield that you’ll remove inside the lower grill that you won’t be able to reinstall without taking the bumper cover off.

For those using JB4 on their M3TH, did you have to send your original harness back to Burger Tuning before they send you the new harness with updated MAF connector, or did they send you the updated harness and asked you to return your old harness.

For those using JB4 on their M3TH, did you have to send your original harness back to Burger Tuning before they send you the new harness with updated MAF connector, or did they send you the updated harness and asked you to return your old harness.
They sent the additional harness free of charge, and provided a link on where to install the 2 new pins. Super simple. Probably a 5 minute procedure.

Back