It's Lowered

compared to a Fit, the Edge is almost the same size as the CX9.
Thanks for totally missing my point. Again.

You are one funny and strange fellow. Engineers and designers constantly fight to get an inch more of interior space and when a new model comes out with an extra inch of space (which is usually achieved via exterior length increase), car reviewers will rave about it like it is the next best thing since slice bread.

For you to say CX-9 14" of length increase over the Edge is insignificant, you are living in your own world, or you are the type who wants to win an argument by all means.

Anyone else in this forum who thinks a Ford Edge competes directly with the CX-9? Like you said, 2 rows versus 3 and 14" less in length among other things (like price), and they are in the same class? If you do have the 07, maybe you can stretch your logic since the 07 V6 is indeed sourced from Ford unlike the 08 onwards.

Not sure what line of work you are doing, but you are probably not aware that in GM and Ford for example, the bean counters fight tooth over nail with the engineering guys just to save 50cents over a part. 50cents savings in a car costing more than $10,000.

1" in any dimension is a significant engineering consideration, let alone 14".

Btw, take a ruler and measure how much space is left from behind the 3 row seatback in the up position to the bumper. No subtract 14" from it. That's how much trunk space Ford Edge will have if it has 3 rows.

Last edited:
Nope.. No scrapes of the doors or front air dam. However I am more cautious about the doors than the air dam. Being a few inches lowered makes a huge diffference for getting in and out of the car. The seat bolster will be spared as I am not rashing them on the way out of the car. I am 6ft tall but it made a huge difference for me. Also washing the top of the car is a lot easier and I don't need a stool any more. Overall, I am very happy and have no regrets. All is well. Now, I am hoping the available rear sway bar for the Edge will work on the 9 :D

anyone know if the ford edge rear sway bar fits the cx-9?

Another lowered CX9 checking in. Mine is a freeway flier here in Texas and never see's any off road so I wanted a planted feeling not the riding on top of a wagon feeling I got with the stock setup. H&R Ford Edge springs with new KYB shocks all around. Adjustable end links on the sways. Stoptech rotors and Hawk pads. I'm also looking for something in a wheel thats lighter. These 20" stockers are heavy. Now to get some more power out of it. I love the way it feels now. Rides great with no bounce. I still love this car. Best $$ I've ever spent on a car/truck.

Yes, would like to see pictures as well. Adjustable sway bars... which part numbers did you use?

And, do you want to sell the 20" wheels?

Adjustable end links. Not sways. I tried running it around a local race track (Texas World Speedway). It's not built for that. It's a fun, quick, confident freeway flier now. Nope i'm not getting rid of the 20's. Suspension is setup with it. Pics? Good god, that means I got to go and wash it! We'll see.

Another lowered CX9 checking in. Mine is a freeway flier here in Texas and never see's any off road so I wanted a planted feeling not the riding on top of a wagon feeling I got with the stock setup. H&R Ford Edge springs with new KYB shocks all around. Adjustable end links on the sways. Stoptech rotors and Hawk pads. I'm also looking for something in a wheel thats lighter. These 20" stockers are heavy. Now to get some more power out of it. I love the way it feels now. Rides great with no bounce. I still love this car. Best $$ I've ever spent on a car/truck.
I second on the part number.. on the process on doing it too, I just need the HRR springs. Those Hawk pads are going to be a b*tch, its so dusty that you would be cleaning your wheel every week. lol. I have them right now and I hated it.

reviving an old thread, can those who did it tell me if they removed the rear spring the same way as the OP or have you used the shop manual way with a jack under the control arm and lowering it slowly?

thanks, i will need to lower the CX9 because it barely fits under my lift in the garage where i store my sport car. I am afraid i will hit at some point.

hamproof you said that the 2008 and newer are not ford engines? last time i went to the dealer to look at a 2012 model it was still a ford duratec and even when i pulled out the dipstick it says fomoco on it. So can you please explain that to me. I might be confused, but last i checked the duratecs are ford engines, unless i am missing something here. If that is the case please let me know.

For the 2013 model year, the CX-9 received a refresh that included a new grill, new headlights, and restyled front vents. Power is still delivered via the Ford-sourced, 3.7 V6, making 273 hp and 270 lb. ft. of torque, mated exclusively to the 6 speed automatic transmission.[7]

This is straight out of wikipedia.

CX9 users Ford's engines w/ modifications.
2007: 3.5L
2008+: 3.7L (torque increased, MPG went down)
2011-12: revised programming, improved MPG by 1-2 depending on models.

Revised: intake manifold and programming.

I wonder what would happen if you put stock Ford Edge springs on a CX-9... Maybe an even cheaper way to drop the truck an inch or so?

If I am not mistaken I believe the owner of the lowered cx9 sold or traded his cx9 already that's why he cant upload photos anymore.

Here's better side profile pic taken from yesterday after the install. Looks like a big ballsy wagon don't it?

2zh1fee.jpg

I've lowered my past two vehicles so I was interested to see what yours looked like. A lowered car looks sporty. However a lowered SUV just looks like a Minvan :(

minivan-black-toyota-sienna-2010.jpg

Back