iStop error - no error code found with ODB2 reader

I have a Mazda 3 Neo BM 2015 model and I am getting the classic iStop error, as seen in the attached photo:
The Master Warning Light is on and i-stop warning light is flashing.

I connected my bluetooth ODB2 reader and used both Torque(Lite) and Odb Arny in an attempt to get some insight about what is causing the issue, however neither of those apps can find any kind of an error code...

Then, I found a procedure for clearing the i-stop error which I followed:

1. switch ignition to ON
2. press i-stop OFF button for 10 seconds. The i-stop light would become green and start flashing.
3. switch ignition OFF

Then I did the ISC learning verification which is:
1. switch ignition to ON and within 5 seconds, press i-stop OFF button for 3 seconds to make it go amber and illuminated (not flashing).
2. start engine
3. long press the i-stop OFF button. The i-stop light would go back to green and flashing.
4. keep the car idling with no electrical load. After around 5-10 minutes the green i-stop light would go off completely.

The error clears with the first part of actions ( i-stop OFF button for 10 seconds, engine off) however the second stage doesn't quite work the way it's described - instead of taking 5-10 minutes for the greed i-stop light to go off, it happens within seconds..

As mentioned, the error message disappears with the first set of action and the i-stop works the way it should, however the issue comes back after a couple of days..

Any idea?
iStop.jpg

Do you have the original battery? That could be the problem. Weird, unrelated things can happen when the 12V battery is nearing the end of its life.

I am the second owner so I can't tell whether it's the original one or has been changed at some point.. I bought it about a month ago and it started occurring about 2 weeks ago

I got the battery tested and it turned out to be good (at least according to the mechanic that performed the test). I did have to add distilled water a few days ago though.. Which brand/model of battery would be considered to be a reliable one, would last at least 3 years and perform well with istop?

Back