iPhone12 Apple CarPlay issues

:
2018 Mazda CX-5 Touring
2018 with Car Play. Worked fine with my iphone 6s, but now that I have ugraded to the 12, Carplay will not stay active. I am getting intermittent "Apple Car Play Failed" errors when the car actually detects the phone.

Many times, the phone will not be recognized by the infotainment, nor will the phone even charge.

If I jiggle to lightning connector, carplay will come in, but if i hit a bump or move the phone it will disconnect.

I have tried the following:
Hard reboots on phone
Hard reboots on Infotainment system
Upgraded phone to latest iOS
tried multiple cables.

Has anyone had issues?

Last edited:
which firmware on then mazda infotainment?

the statemenr "If I giggle to lightning connector, carplay will come in, but if i hit a bump or move the phone it will disconnect"

is strange... Do you mean if the cable moves it disconnects?
could it be a loose connection issue? either the phone port, cable or the usb port..

Do you have a case on the iPhone? If so try taking the case off as it might be interfering with the lightning cable connection. If this isn't the problem then try a new cable.

Do you have a case on the iPhone? If so try taking the case off as it might be interfering with the lightning cable connection. If this isn't the problem then try a new cable.
I had this on a previous phone and cable setup with an iPhone.

Hi All...a quick update. After trying 2 cables (Anker, certified), the only cable that worked was a genuine Apple cable.

Thank you all for your responses.

Michael

Back