iPhone 5

AussieJosh

:
Mazda CX-5 GT Deisel
iPhone 5 gets a USB error :(

Are others having the same issue? Would a Mazda firmware update be able to solve this?

Bluetooth audio/controls/metadata still work though.

Does handsfree work? I really hope so. Since I did order a iphone 5.
Still, they should provide updates to their system to get new popular phones to work tbh

Actually Josh, I was going to start another thread regarding the iOS 6 version.

I've been beta testing iOS 6 for a little while, and since the latest version was released many connectivity quirks that I used to have are now completely fixed.

I am using iPhone 4S with iOS 6.
The main issue I used to have (that is now fixed) is that if the phone was already connected with bluetooth, and I connected the USB cable, switching from the Bluetooth tab on the CX-5's screen, to the iPod tab would result in silence. This would be rectified by changing the audio output manually on the iPhone.

iOS 6 fixes this. It can now be connected with Bluetooth, and connecting the USB cable causes the phone to automatically steam the audio correctly.
No manual change required now.

Further to this, it seems Bluetooth performance is a little better.

It was bluetooth performance that was the cause for using the USB cable in the first place. 30 minutes on bluetooth, and the audio would start to stutter (as if it was having issues buffering). The USB connection would be fine possibly due to not requiring a buffering of the audio.

Yeah inodes, that has been my experience also. Although Bluetooth is so convenient, I still prefer the sound quality of a wired connection though.

Hmm.. Glad to know that someone got their phone to pair. I haven't been able to do so. The iphone 5 sees the Mazda, but I keep getting errors. Did you do anything special for the pairing? I have looked on the Apple boards and this seems to be a problem across the board with bluetooth.

Thanks so much!

I paired the iPhone 5 like I did the 4 - as described in the manual. I also deleted the 4 from the known devices list - this may help?

I have also noticed the iPod error with the iPhone 5, hope that a firmware update will take care of that. Bluetooth is much better with the new phone, no pairing issues and the like inodes said, all the quirky metadata stuff has disappeared. I am loving the speed of the phone, listening to music from iCloud is almost as quick as music stored on the phone with no dropping like I used to experience. Sirius through the musicdock app is much better as well, no dropping and almost no buffering lag when starting or switching stations. So far I am very pleased with everything about the iPhone 5, both in and out of the vehicle.

My iPhone 5 works fine with the cable. But I can't shuffle via Bluetooth. Both my 5 and my daughter's 4S only play alphabetically and the shuffle button is grayed out on the radio. Starting the iPhone on shuffle makes no difference; it switches to alphabetical once paired. Any suggestions?

I still can't pair my phone. I called Apple and it seems this is an issue across the board with bluetooth and pairing. They don't have a resolution yet.

I deleted the 4 and started from scratch and that didn't help.

I had no problem with I paired my iPhone4. It's frustrating that I can't get the 5 to work. I have a friend who also can't pair it to her Mini Cooper :-(

Tried my wife's iPhone5 and it seems to work ok over bluetooth and usb cable. Music, phone call and Siri text was all successful.

I finally got it to work!!! I had to delete my network settings, have the iPhone forget the connection to the Mazda and it now works!!! Finally. I can't get Suri to work, but I'll keep trying. Pandora works and so does iTunes.

Anyone have a problem with answering a call over bluetooth? My iPhone 5 paired fine and the audio works fine, however, when a call comes in - pushing either the pickup on the steering wheel or the Mazda touch screen won't answer the call. It just keeps ringing until the caller hangs up.

Anyone have a problem with answering a call over bluetooth? My iPhone 5 paired fine and the audio works fine, however, when a call comes in - pushing either the pickup on the steering wheel or the Mazda touch screen won't answer the call. It just keeps ringing until the caller hangs up.

i don't(yet) have an iphone 5 or ios 6, but curious in your case whether your bluetooth phone icon shows it paired as well. i know there's two separate icons, one for phone & one for music. if it's not, you can go into the settings and try to have the phone part pair up.

iPhone 5 Bluetooth Connectivity

I am having this same issue as well. I have no issue calling out via Bluetooth, it connects perfectly to the system, but receiving incoming calls, I need to quickly switch to iPhone or speaker, but half the time I usually lose the call....did you find are solution yet?

I get USB Error as well on my GT model.

Incoming calls also gets no audio most of the time, I think it worked once. Outgoing seems fine for now.
I've got my old 3GS with IOS6, I'll do some test to see if it's the phone or the IOS6

I tried with my 3GS with IOS6, and I get no USB Error, music playback is fine and the calls incoming and outgoing are fine too.
Can't tell for Iphone4 and 4S - But Iphone5/IOS6 has issues with bluetooth calls and USB

IO6 upgrade issues and iPod v's iPhone connectivity

Upgrade to IO6 IPhone 4 have lost shuffle capability on screen, only play in alphabetical order. Phone also unable to shuffle until today, randomly appeared. Previously no issue, will try removing and adding phone.

Also have found BT will continue to switch music player from phone on when not selected. Will switch off iPod from USB and choose iPhone for music. Have been unable to use USB iPod when phone connected. Disconnected phone and BT wants to search and choose iPhone over USB connected iPod. Not sure how to have both or if possible? A little frustrating to have car audio decide which player to use. Maybe both apple products clash?

I tried using the USB connection again yesterday and it works fine now. Not sure what's changed but no more iPod error message for me.

Back