interior illumination

The wife has a 2019 CX5 GT, is there a dash indicator for the fog lights when they are on? Also I don't see any illumination on the buttons for the garage door opener which sucks when you coming in at night and can't see the buttons especially when you have a couple of garage doors, is this by design ? My 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe has all these features plus a digital speedo.

No fog light indicator on my 2019 Reserve or referenced in my manual.

And I agree about the garage door lights. It would also be nice to have the Dim On/Off buttons illuminated. I often turn that feature off, as it messes with my depth perception.

Regarding the digital speedo, I'm an analog guy myself. Same goes for my timekeeping devices (and my music.) Another member mentioned using the WAZE app, which has a digital speedo that will display on the infotainment screen.

For as nicely engineered and appointed as these cars are, there are a few "Scratch your head" omissions.

I dont really scratch my head at them. It may only cost $2 to do something, but when it involves 15 somethings, and you are making 200,000 units, then you can save $2m/year by omitting 5 of the 15 somethings.

I picked the cx5 turbo because mazda and I agreed on the 5 of the 15 to omit, and other manufacturers disagreed with me. This means to get the 10 of 15 I felt I "needed", I would have had to spend 25-40% more, and the there were other tradeoffs.

This goes for every purchase I've made, although it's not always money, but sometimes size, or weight, or efficiency, or whatever. It's all a tradeoff.

The Homelink buttons not being illuminated doesn't bother me, I just reach up and do it by touch/muscle memory without even looking as I approach my driveway.
I too am curious why there is not an indicator light showing when the fog lights are switched on. There is a headlight icon that illuminates on the instrument cluster when you first start the vehicle that is separate from the green indicator light that is for the headlights.
WTH is that other icon for ? Maybe other regions ?

The Homelink buttons not being illuminated doesn't bother me, I just reach up and do it by touch/muscle memory without even looking as I approach my driveway.
I too am curious why there is not an indicator light showing when the fog lights are switched on. There is a headlight icon that illuminates on the instrument cluster when you first start the vehicle that is separate from the green indicator light that is for the headlights.
WTH is that other icon for ? Maybe other regions ?
There's an icon that shows when the headlight switch is in AUTO position, and one that shows when the High Beams are turned on when the switch is in Auto position (meaning the High beams automatically turn on & off.) The Auto high beam one is the one on the left.

They illuminate when the above conditions are met AND it's dark outside, if I recall correctly.

If enough people complain to Mazda about the absence of such wanted features such as an illuminated garage door opener button and/or a fog light on indicator they may be more apt to do something about it. Say nothing to them and you should expect nothing in return except when most other manufacturers start incorporating such features first.

Back