Infotainment ver. 74.00.230A

Curious....did you get a chance to install it and what changes do you see if anything?

I actually didn't install it yet because I wasn't sure if it was going to keep my touch screen operational while vehicle is moving setting 🙂

It wasn't done with aio so I hope or does ...

Took the plunge, 1st self install. All went well. Maybe it's placebo but the system seems faster to load and respond.

Just updated from 70.00.367A.
Android Auto apps appear 'zoomed in'. Google Maps and Spotify were all I tested.

Other - Radio maybe starts sooner. Disclaimer maybe goes away sooner.

Saw that there is version 74.00.230A available for the CX-5. I haven't seen any posts about this version, has anyone tried it? I have a 2019 sig, and from what I can tell it looks like it should be compatible.

Updated and changed phones from a moto g power to pixel 4a XL and it works now. Connects faster.

Updated to the new firmware and although startup is noticeably faster, my CarPlay now has trouble connecting. It worked fine during my first use on the new firmware. The next time I got into the car and plugged my phone in, I received no carplay error message. After I reset the infotainment system, it said CarPlay wasn’t responding and I need to stop my vehicle before reconnecting (my car never left the driveway). After disconnecting and connecting once more, CarPlay finally worked. I unplugged and plugged in again, nothing. No error message. Nothing. Reset infotainment again, reconnected. CarPlay works again.

Anyone else having a similar issue? No there isn’t any lint in my USB port. My USB ports were replaced end of 2021 at the dealership and I have not experienced any issues prior to the update.

What version of IOS are you using? I had a similar problem when updating to 14.5. Seems to have gone away 🤞🏻Now that I’m at 14.5.1. (I’m running and old version of the Mazda system - 3 years old?

What version of IOS are you using? I had a similar problem when updating to 14.5. Seems to have gone away 🤞🏻Now that I’m at 14.5.1. (I’m running and old version of the Mazda system - 3 years old?
I’m running 14.6 and have been on it for weeks without an issue now. It’s only after the Mazda firmware update that I now have this problem.

I’m running 14.6 and have been on it for weeks without an issue now. It’s only after the Mazda firmware update that I now have this problem.
Interesting. I downloaded and installed 14.5.1 last week the day it was released. It showed as current just now:

Attachments

• 19141279-24EE-49BE-8B3B-5CA3B631C548.png
    19141279-24EE-49BE-8B3B-5CA3B631C548.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 156
Updated to the new firmware and although startup is noticeably faster, my CarPlay now has trouble connecting. It worked fine during my first use on the new firmware. The next time I got into the car and plugged my phone in, I received no carplay error message. After I reset the infotainment system, it said CarPlay wasn’t responding and I need to stop my vehicle before reconnecting (my car never left the driveway). After disconnecting and connecting once more, CarPlay finally worked. I unplugged and plugged in again, nothing. No error message. Nothing. Reset infotainment again, reconnected. CarPlay works again.

Anyone else having a similar issue? No there isn’t any lint in my USB port. My USB ports were replaced end of 2021 at the dealership and I have not experienced any issues prior to the update.

The same thing happened with me but with Android Auto. Was really weird. I had to pull over and stop and it even required me to put the parking break on before it would let me reauthorize Android Auto.

I also have the "apps zoomed in" in google maps which was mentioned as well. It's somewhat annoying as the turn by turn directions now take up half the screen so you can barely see the map. Android Auto also seems to "disconnect" randomly where I get kicked out of it back to the normal start screen.

That all being said, the startup is dramatically faster so it's not all bad.

I think I finally have time to have a go at this. Am I correct in thinking I cannot update the firmware while driving? I have a few hour drive and would be great to do this while on the go.

I think I finally have time to have a go at this. Am I correct in thinking I cannot update the firmware while driving? I have a few hour drive and would be great to do this while on the go.
Vehicle has to be parked according to the instructions.

parked, engine off and make sure your battery is good. Plan for between 25-40 mins. Also has to press brake pedal at least once after 20 mins so that car doesnt go to sleep while in ACC mode.
Follow the instructions exactly as they are. Make sure your usb drive is fast and the image is not corrupted. checksum verify to be sure.

Probably unrelated but I just noticed my speaker on the driver side pillar is not working. The lower speaker on the door is working fine. Am I able to downgrade firmwares to check if it’s related to this update? Is anyone else experiencing an audio issue with this update?

Got around to updating today. Took about 25 minutes total. Really easy. Not sure what I was worried about. I’ll report back with any noticeable improvements once I have a chance to test things out.

Okay so I'm seeing a lot of people with 2019 CX-5 Signatures in their profiles here, saying they've updated from 70.00.367A to this latest firmware.

has anyone in Canada here updated to this latest firmware?

Would there be any harm to update my 2019 Sig?

Thanks!

Okay so I'm seeing a lot of people with 2019 CX-5 Signatures in their profiles here, saying they've updated from 70.00.367A to this latest firmware.

has anyone in Canada here updated to this latest firmware?

Would there be any harm to update my 2019 Sig?

Thanks!
That’s what I’m staying. I went from 70.00.367a to 74.00.230a without issue. I have a 2019 sig (US). Since this firmware is for NA, you should be fine.

Back