Infotainment system acts possessed

I have a 2017 CX-5 Grand Touring. It has about 20K miles. Sometimes, the infotainment system starts acting like someone else is controlling it. It will change channels, go to settings and start changing things, increase navigation volume setting, etc.--all without input from me. I haven't taken it in because it is random and I haven't identified a pattern of when it happens so I don't think I could have the service folks replicate it. Is this a known problem and if so, how do I fix it?

Upvote 0
To OP, seems to me, the touch/pressure layer of your MID is defective.

There was a extension of warranty on our '14 Mazda3 on that to 6-7 yrs. The notice did not mention '17 CX-5, though.

You should have it checked, but yours is likely out of warranty now.

Upvote 0
I had an issue with my Info. screen about a year ago on my 2018 CX-5. The screen stayed black after I started the vehicle up. I took it to the dealer and they recognized the problem right away and after a software update all has been good ever since.

Upvote 0
This is a known issue with more than one model year. It is called "ghosting" by my dealer. It was checked out and was not a software issue. They will have to do a screen replacement and a new screen costs $1200 if not under 3 years 36,000 miles, which mine is not.

The part is on backorder I was told so many have this issue of someone else controlling your radio/music player.

Upvote 0
Back