Infotainment Resets every couple months! Why?

:
Mazda CX-5 Signature
I have a 2019 Sig and program infotainment like everyone else. I have 25 to 30 stations saved into favorites and every couple months it goes to factory default. I have done no work on electrical or disconnected the battery at any time. No jump starting. Really just start and drive it. Any ideas?? It's a bit of a pain to reprogram everything!

I've also had this happen exactly once.. about 2 months after new ownership, but hasn't happened in the last 4 months. Sorry I don't have a reason, just letting adding another data point.

Firmware update suggestion in 3,2,1 ...

I have a 2019 Sig and program infotainment like everyone else. I have 25 to 30 stations saved into favorites and every couple months it goes to factory default. I have done no work on electrical or disconnected the battery at any time. No jump starting. Really just start and drive it. Any ideas?? It's a bit of a pain to reprogram everything!

I would suggest taking it to the dealership for diagnosis and replacement/repair. You are still under warranty, take advantage of it. My guess is that there is a hardware component in the Infotainment unit that is shorting out or has failed. I think the dealership will first check/update/reinstall firmware as that is the easiest thing for them to do. If it's still doing the same thing, they will likely replace the entire CMU.

+1 take it to dealership and have the issue documented while under warranty. If it goes Tango Uniform later (out of warranty) at least there is a record of the problem.

Good idea on dealer for future but I think I have to wait for it to happen again as I have re-entered stations. Do you think it would show some kind of fault code if I took it in now. Long shot but maybe I will!

this is gonna be a challenge to "prove". I can imagine the conversation going like this

Mazda owner:
"Yeah I have 45 XM radio stations, and 12 FM stations programmed yesterday. Today there are none. Yeah I took a video on my phone showing them there...."

Mazda service:
"Yeah we can't fix user error when you delete your presets..."

Mazda owner:
"No really they were all there yesterday...:

Mazda service:
"Ok we will look at the empty presets for you... *eye roll*"

Good idea on dealer for future but I think I have to wait for it to happen again as I have re-entered stations. Do you think it would show some kind of fault code if I took it in now. Long shot but maybe I will!

Nothing will change if you simply wait for it to happen again. You'll be in the same situation you're in now. Its best to take it to the dealer to see what they say, then regardless of what the dealer does, call Mazda Corporate to open a case/ticket. This way, you have a reference that shows the date you brought the issue to Mazda, and it gives you something to reference if/when it happens again.

Back