Infotainment commander knob will no longer toggle (2016 CX-5)

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT
I have a 2016 CX-5 GT and the commander knob toggle recently stopped working. The knob still physically toggles like it used to, but it has no effect on the infotainment screen. Spinning the knob still works to allow me to select options / commands on the screen, but the toggle doesn't work. As a result I can't use some features, like setting my tire pressure monitor, as it requires a toggle to get to that option. I didn't spill any liquid on the command center. I tried resetting the infotainment system by disconnecting my battery, but that didn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Reset it without turning off the ignition by pressing the following button combination and holding it for 10 seconds: BACK + MUTE + NAV

Reset it without turning off the ignition by pressing the following button combination and holding it for 10 seconds: BACK + MUTE + NAV
Thanks. Tried that. Didn't seem to do anything. Problem remains.

As a last resort you can try spraying some Electrical Contact Cleaner at the bottom of the knob and working it around.

I have a similar problem, it toggles but doesn't work when I spin it. Were you ever able to solve this problem? I can only assume i would have to do something similar

I know this is an older post, I reset my 2018 6 system because it was running slow, after resetting the system my system will no longer toggle either. Did you find a way to reset that actually worked? I’m sure it cannot be a hardware issue since it worked just fine 5 minutes ago.

Had my command knob assembly apart today for a cleaning, spilled something in there and it got into the cracks and crevices, started switching functions on me every once in a while, wanted to give the circuit board a quick spray. When I unplugged the EPB harness from underneath I heard the EPB engage, didn't expect that. When I put it back in the thing was in maintenance mode! Something to look out for when you do this.

IMG_20230422_153817666.jpg

Back