I'm a believer

utmorpheus

:
13 Mz2 Touring MTX
Let's start with mods. My car has a CS intake, Hotpipes header, and stock exhaust. It also has stock suspension.

I've had a DT tune, (probably 7-8 revisions in) and have been very happy with it. However seeing the HP/TQ numbers of a few people on the forums that were so significantly higher than my own sort of made me unhappy. Last fall when the car was struggling to achieve 100mph on lightweight Konigs and RE-11a's on dry pavement in 65*F weather, and having many people on this forum say that the car should have a lot more headroom made me seriously question the tune provided.

A few weeks ago I decided to go ahead and buy a tune from OrangeVirus Tuning against my unhappiness against his social ethics and complete and total lack of funds. I have uploaded the base tune file to my car and have NOT submitted any logs to OVT.

Tonight I was able to EASILY pull 105mph on stock rims, on SNOW TIRES, in 1-2" of slushy snow on the highway. ON THE STOCK F***ING FILE. So despite my unhappiness on how he handled the interaction with DT on this forum I am more than blown away at the quality and ability of the tune provided by OVT - even before any real tuning has occurred. To anyone running the DT tune I would seriously consider switching to OVT.

Good to see Matt has made progress on his files,and we are please you are happy with it. But you should mention that the file you were running was from 2014, and had not been updated since, except for you asking us to remove the o2 sensor for you.

Were you going up hill?

I can easily reach 100mph in my stock Mazda2. Though once I got to 100mph, it took another 20 seconds to get to 111mph. I couldn't go faster than 111mph but I'm sure i can reach 115mph if I am going downhill.

Good to see Matt has made progress on his files,and we are please you are happy with it. But you should mention that the file you were running was from 2014, and had not been updated since, except for you asking us to remove the o2 sensor for you.

The file was updated on 2015-09-18. I did three back-to-back dyno runs and sent you the files for editing then. The last time the support portal was used was 2014, however the tune was current. It's not that I'm unhappy with the tune from DT - especially since it's been running for almost 2 years without issue - there is just a noticable difference in performance going from a long-term tune to just his base file.

Were you going up hill?

I can easily reach 100mph in my stock Mazda2. Though once I got to 100mph, it took another 20 seconds to get to 111mph. I couldn't go faster than 111mph but I'm sure i can reach 115mph if I am going downhill.

It was on the PA turnpike, mostly flat. I could hit 100mph, but it did not want to go there, and I don't think I was ever able to break 105mph even at WOT for 2+ miles.

The file was updated on 2015-09-18. I did three back-to-back dyno runs and sent you the files for editing then. The last time the support portal was used was 2014, however the tune was current. It's not that I'm unhappy with the tune from DT - especially since it's been running for almost 2 years without issue - there is just a noticable difference in performance going from a long-term tune to just his base file.

No, the file was, and is the file from 5-12-14( its in the code, and in our data base). In September you sent us a dyno sheet and a dyno pull data log, but we did not adjust much other than to enrich it for the dyno pulls.

As an example of the difference; the files we were working with in 2014 made about 105 from a base of 89, where as the completed files now( basically what we use in B spec) are right at 112. Stuff we learned on the dyno and on the track over the last couple of years

Top speed I was able to reach at Daytona was 117 without a draft (coming out of the bus stop and hitting start finish speed trap). With a draft I hit 119mph at the speed trap but if I pulled out of it I would lose speed. I have a cat back, panel filter and a really dated ECU tune on the B-Spec car to do that.

Is the second catalyst on your exhaust ok?

-Derrick

^^^
Not bad.

Man, all this talk on Tunes reminds me I need to datalog and send the info into DT! (drinks)

Mike

I have gotten my car up to 170-175kms on a race track with stock engine and just suspension mods. Mind you it was a super long straight and once past 150 it was a big struggle.
I recently purchased the dt tune kit and will start in a month or two. I will post the details up and see how it goes per update.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

How can you compare different tunes by top speed or feel. Just do a dyno test on the same dyno or race a friend with a standard car with similar performance.

Back