If you could change one thing...

Dude! It's a damn mess.
Of course, as usual, I disagree with you. What phone do you have?
I had some issues with the HU, but after I got the Oreo update on my phone it's been damn near pleasurable. I'm going to guess you have a mid range device, like a Galazy J?

I need to just rip it out and put in a decent aftermarket unit, but...econococar/defeats purpose.

And that simply makes no sense imo. Yea, you think the car is a cheap appliance. I'm not going to argue there anymore. But what does that have to do with putting a $200-$400 radio in it? I don't understand. If I bought the cheapest car in the world, this wouldn't stop me from replacing the radio because.... it was cheap?
"I'm not spending any money, because it was cheap!" dafuq? Fine... be miserable then. You only live once...maybe try to be happy. You work for a living, spend a few dollars to make your self happy.
Keep the stock head unit. Put it back in the car when you sell it.Or sell it on Ebay to offest your costs.[/URL]
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
You're a wierd bird, U.

Agreed. With how much you complain about your head unit issues Uno, just replace it and be done. No sense staying miserable.

7, if I recall from another thread, I think it was an S7 or S8? Uno can correct if wrong.

Nothing much to change on the car , i have the GS trim and everything i need and more .

The only thing i would change very minor are the cupholders , there a little to much to the back .

If you could change one thing about the CX-5, what would it be?

Mine is I wish it had a panoramic sunroof. I always use my sunroof; my dad has one on his X3 and it's awesome.

Not trying to start a hardcore discussion, just thought it would be fun to see people's different answers. Gearing this more towards 2nd gen but if you've got anything about 1st gens feel free! Disclaimer: This does not mean I dislike the CX-5, I LOVE mine, just wondering what others think.

The folks at the dealership told me Mazda won't do a panoramic roof because it comprimises overall body integrity. Any truth to this, I don't know.

The folks at the dealership told me Mazda won't do a panoramic roof because it comprimises overall body integrity. Any truth to this, I don't know.
Im not into all the extra fancy stuff , this is my second cx 5 and my 6th mazda in all .

So far so good in regards to reliability.

Agreed. With how much you complain about your head unit issues Uno, just replace it and be done. No sense staying miserable.

7, if I recall from another thread, I think it was an S7 or S8? Uno can correct if wrong.

O yea, that's right. Maybe when he gets Oreo it'll help. Still....
GET A RADIO. Jeez, I paid a grand for my first car and put a $150 radio in it. Almost 20% of what I paid for the car. Worth. Every. Penny.

Perhaps that is true. I’ve read in other forums of vehicles with pano roofs. In cold weather they make popping sounds which could be annoying.

I sense it’s more of a fad than anything. JMO.

Honestly sunroofs make me nervous. Between spontaneous cracking/shattering I've seen online (not saying CX-5 here, just in general) and hailstorms, I don't want that above my head. That's why I do not have one in my CX-5. I couldn't even imagine a gigantic panoramic one.

My previous vehicle had a pano roof - an '02 Forester S. I enjoyed it and never had any issues with it "popping" in the winter. That, and the better-bolstered Japanese torso-sized seats are missed on my '17 CX-5.

Honestly sunroofs make me nervous. Between spontaneous cracking/shattering I've seen online (not saying CX-5 here, just in general) and hailstorms, I don't want that above my head. That's why I do not have one in my CX-5. I couldn't even imagine a gigantic panoramic one.

If I had the choice I'd go without sunroof.

Not to mention less headroom for all passengers.

EASY question.

mazda-mt_o.jpg

O yea, that's right. Maybe when he gets Oreo it'll help. Still....
GET A RADIO. Jeez, I paid a grand for my first car and put a $150 radio in it. Almost 20% of what I paid for the car. Worth. Every. Penny.

That's some funny math :)

If there is a hail storm, the sunroof will be just a part of one's worry. Pretty much the whole top half of one's vehicle (bonnet, front windscreen, roof, rear window and boot) will be damaged.

Last edited:
If there is a hail storm, the sunroof will be just a part of one's worry. Pretty much the whole top half of one's vehicle (bonnet, front windscreen, roof, rear window and boot) will be damaged.

I had my sunroof tinted so the film would help in case of the sunroof being shattered as it would keep the glass together.

During storm season, I always prepare to find shelter underneath gas station or bank drive up tellers during hail storms. Sometimes you can't avoid it but once I parked underneath a persons driveway which had a roof and that protected me from a bad hail storm.

Back