2017~2024 I test drove a Signature and I hate the seats but like everything else

I test drove a Signature and I hate the seats. So uncomfortable. I also previously test drove a Mazda 3 and i LOVED the seats omg.

Im coming from Honda so I dont know... Does anybody know how Mazda does minor model changes? Will there be a good chance the 2020 will have the more comfortable seats as the Mazda 3 had?

How about the audio system? I loved the Bose system in the Premium 3 but was not impressed with the CX-5 Signature Bose system.

Thanks. If they change the seats, Im definitely buying!

Im cross shopping with RDX and CX-5. I think the Signature has the better bang for the buck. The Honda/Acura reliability appears to be on the decline.

Seats come up once in awhile. I had an upholsterer after one of mine but I tolerate this one. I agree that they are over bolstered. Is that what you found?

Seats come up once in awhile. I had an upholsterer after one of mine but I tolerate this one. I agree that they are over bolstered. Is that what you found?

Im unsure of what I didnt like about it. I just know it was uncomfortable. The Mazda 3s seat just felt so perfect.

Would I have to wait until the next generation CX5 to get the new seats that the Mazda 3 has? How about the old infotainment? I actually love everything about the Mazda 3 except the non-turbo engine and the fact that its not an SUV.

Would I have to wait until the next generation CX5 to get the new seats that the Mazda 3 has? How about the old infotainment?

Your guess is as good as anyone else's. Mazda's pretty quiet about their upcoming changes... except the ones they announce that don't happen until 2 or 3 years later.

It can*t be far away. It*s actually mid life now so a fairly big revision is due. I think the hybrid or X engine will come with a facelift.

I find them perfectly comfortable and supportive, but as mentioned by Anchorman, there are a good number of others who agree with your complaint. I recently took a 5 hour driving trip each way and had no issues after only a single 15 minute stop on one of the drives.

I generally prefer firmer seating, and these are definitely more firm than those in my ex-2016 CX-5. Then again, it is logical that a person's "just right" isn't necessarily going to be that way for everyone.

Other threads have surmised it could depend on a person's physical size/weight, and while not as low in weight as I used to be :p, I am on the shorter side and not exactly a large person in physical size.

Sad that I am tolerating my 2014 seats and now hear the same thing on the 2019. Maybe MAZDA needs to copy seats from Volvo or ?. Ed

Seats are very personal. I love the seats in our Sig, but I understand we're all different. It's a good thing you found out prior to purchasing one.

It's my opinion that the leather CX-5 seats are way more uncomfortable than the cloth ones.

Outside of that, many have complained about the bolsters and while they are not a problem for me and my body, I can absolutely see how they can be for others.

I spent two 5 hour driving days last week, back to back. I more comfortable than I have ever been driving that long. Not only that, but my back, which hurts most of the time, didn't hurt at all while I was driving.

These seats are just about perfect for me. But no one's ever accused me of having a fat ass. Fat head, maybe. Ass, maybe. But never fat ass.

Back