I have 3 recalls with my CX-30. Liftgate, speakers and electronics

Unfortunately, no car is immune to recalls. Brand new models typically have a few more "kinks" to work out, even up to a few years into the model's lifecycle.

It can be a frustrating hassle, for sure. Hopefully there aren't any more recalls you'll have to deal with.

Recalls are better than breakdowns. I had 3 recalls when we owned an '05 (gen-2) Prius for my wife. We owned it for 8 yrs. Never had one failure at all. Just recalls. That shows that the company cares.

On the flip side, I used to own a BMW E39 540iA. It had so many issues that I lost count. BMW never had 1 recall during my 7 yrs of ownership. BMW didn't care. Young people rush in to buy BMWs.

I’ve had my share of recalls but, as Ceric said, recalls are better than breakdowns. Just got the recall notification for the 30’s rear hatch struts. Mazda Australia tells me the parts will be in right around the time of my next service, so I won’t even have to schedule in a special visit.

Sorry for the late response but, yes, it is a 2020 model. They completed the recalls in 3 hours so I am all set. None of the recalls would have caused the car to break down as you can see in my original post.

I was just surprised at the number of recalls. I have a '17 Audi A4 that was a first year model and I think I have only had 1 recall in 5 years. Still love the CX-30.

I have to ask: why would a speaker be subject to a recall? Recalls are specifically for safety related items.

I have to ask: why would a speaker be subject to a recall? Recalls are specifically for safety related items.
Agreed. Why would speakers be a subject to the safety recall?

The front door Bose woofers on my 2016 CX-5 were replaced under new-car warranty after I saw a TSB. The woofers could get water damage due to lack of protection and start rattling. That replacement was done by my request.

The liftgate struts on the same CX-5 were a subject to a safety recall. But I regret to let the dealer perform the recall as the replacement struts are worse, loosing lifting power after just few times of usage!

So looks like the trend continues for Mazda 5 years later.

the only recall I see on the NHTSA site is for the liftgate. maybe the speakers and "electronics" fixes were service bulletins?

the only recall I see on the NHTSA site is for the liftgate. maybe the speakers and "electronics" fixes were service bulletins?
That makes sense. Speakers and "electronics" aren’t safety related. Hard to become a recall.

Back