I dumped my CX-5 finally

Here is the repair sheet for the cx5 I traded in, btw...starting at "o ring" and going up is all that was needing fixed immediately. Below that is what they did to recondition before sale. Service rep told me they billed out 6 hours @ $120/hr on it, to do all that, too. My warranty on this GTR would have covered all of it 100%. So, yeah...if I had had this warranty on my last Mazda, THAT ALONE would have nearly paid for it...and another 44K miles to go...+ the peace of mind of not having to worry about it, or a loaner/rental, etc.

3460pwg.jpg

Last edited:
But if you'd had an extended warranty, you would have gotten it fixed and you would have been stuck with that old car that you complained about constantly.

Now you've got a great new car that you compliment constantly.

I'd say you're better off this way.

But if you'd had an extended warranty, you would have gotten it fixed and you would have been stuck with that old car that you complained about constantly.

Now you've got a great new car that you compliment constantly.

I'd say you're better off this way.
Agreed, which is why I got the warranty on this one, wrapped this one, etc. I actually like this vehicle. My other one was just the best deal I could get for a failing Chrysler product that scored high in Consumer Reports, so I took it.

You gotta be shittin' me.In the above post did I read where Unobtainium said" I actually LIKE this vehicle ". You mean that you actually like a Mazda and a CX-5 at that."Lord Jesus I'm comin' home". Jmaz

You gotta be shittin' me.In the above post did I read where Unobtainium said" I actually LIKE this vehicle ". You mean that you actually like a Mazda and a CX-5 at that."Lord Jesus I'm comin' home". Jmaz

My only real complaints about my 2015 were extremely consistent:

-Lacks power, but good for its class.
-Loud ride
-chintzy feel (floppy hood, tin-can sounding doors, just "cheap AF" in general)
-Lacks luxury items I was used to (well...duh...I'm not blind and knew this. Although I was suckered on the NAV. Who knew you needed a $500 accessory to make it work!? That's bulls***)

My 2019 GT-R addressed every single one of these issues spot-on, so why wouldn't I like it?

Touche' --- good point .You win.I really only meant it in jest, but after reading some of your past posts I couldn't help but form that opinion. Jmaz

Touche' --- good point .You win.I really only meant it in jest, but after reading some of your past posts I couldn't help but form that opinion. Jmaz

I get that, but in all seriousness, nearly every negative post I've made about my 2015 can be countered by pointing to have my 2019 GT-R differs from it.

Uni- How much has the NAV improved if any?

Well...it actually WORKS. I wasn't about to drop $500 on "activating" the NAV in my 2015 Touring, so screw that.

That said, it did take me to a sushi restaurant that had closed 6mo ago...

I like the weather radar, etc. and it does have live traffic. It's a bit slow though. If you had never had other NAV, it wouldn't matter, but having been in vehicles with other NAV, it's a bit annoying, although ultimately doesn't harm functionality in a raw sense.

Here is the repair sheet for the cx5 I traded in, btw...starting at "o ring" and going up is all that was needing fixed immediately.

3460pwg.jpg

Interesting that they are using Coastal 0W20, which is GF4 unless something has changed recently. Most dealerships use Mazda GF5 with Moly or Castrol Edge GF5. I'm sure it's probably fine, but I would be more specific about what oil they use in your turbo, maybe pennzoil ultra platinum 5w30. It gets good reviews for boosted engines. Congrats on the new ride.

Interesting that they are using Coastal 0W20, which is GF4 unless something has changed recently. Most dealerships use Mazda GF5 with Moly or Castrol Edge GF5. I'm sure it's probably fine, but I would be more specific about what oil they use in your turbo, maybe pennzoil ultra platinum 5w30. It gets good reviews for boosted engines. Congrats on the new ride.
Nice catch! I thought it's a misprint and it actually meant Castrol ⋯ ;)

If this Mazda dealer uses Coastal GF-4 0W-20 oil for Unobtanium's CX-5, I wonder if he's going to retract his full of praise to his Mazda dealer?

Yeah most dealers would use cheapest bulk oil available. My Mazda dealer uses "Preferred Choice" 0W-20 oil but at least it's GF-5:

Town%252520North%252520Mazda%252520Oil-01_20151215.jpg

I believe Unobtanium has decided to use Mobil 1 EP 5W-30 full synthetic oil.

Nice catch! I thought it's a misprint and it actually meant Castrol * ;)

If this Mazda dealer uses Coastal GF-4 0W-20 oil for Unobtanium's CX-5, I wonder if he's going to retract his full of praise to his Mazda dealer?

Yeah most dealers would use cheapest bulk oil available. My Mazda dealer uses "Preferred Choice" 0W-20 oil but at least it's GF-5:

Town%252520North%252520Mazda%252520Oil-01_20151215.jpg

I believe Unobtanium has decided to use Mobil 1 EP 5W-30 full synthetic oil.

That was the repair sheet for my old CX5 that I turned in. I always bring/brought my own oil.

Also, to all the people who blamed ME for my last CX5 getting crappy mpg/not matching EPA ratings. It remains an anomaly among ALL of the cars I've owned. This one does fine:
55869448_10100158522862311_2403694149606834176_o.jpg

(My ownership average is 24.9, btw, including all them 0-80 vids, lol!).

Also, to all the people who blamed ME for my last CX5 getting crappy mpg/not matching EPA ratings. It remains an anomaly among ALL of the cars I've owned. This one does fine:
(My ownership average is 24.9, btw, including all them 0-80 vids, lol!).

I got 27 lifetime MPG over 100K miles on my gen1 and am close to 30 MPG over the first 40K on my gen2. Mostly highway. So about a 3 MPG bump for both of us, but you get the benefit of an extra 63 horses now, lol.

I got 27 lifetime MPG over 100K miles on my gen1 and am close to 30 MPG over the first 40K on my gen2. Mostly highway. So about a 3 MPG bump for both of us, but you get the benefit of an extra 63 horses now, lol.

I averaged probably about 3mpg less WITHOUT the turbo. Craziness.

I never thought I*d see the day. All I need to see now is Unob have a go at somebody for bad mouthing a CX5. It could just happen. That beautiful house in the country and a new CX5 stood outside. Idillic.

Hey Unob, get us a photo of the newbest friend with the river and the meadow in the background.

I averaged probably about 3mpg less WITHOUT the turbo. Craziness.

I don*t find that hard to believe, you have to work that new car less to get the same result. You only lose out when the temptation to show that boy racer in the slammed to the floor and stupid big bore exhaust Civic that he*s bitten off a bit more than he can chew.

Back