Husky, my new go-to floor mats

Just got mine, very pleased, Except for the fact that I had to cut out a spot for the fuel door lever. Plenty of lip around the accelerator and full coverage of the dead pedal.

View attachment 225537View attachment 225538View attachment 225540View attachment 225541

wow that's nice. How are the retainer clips at actually holding to the buttons on the carpet? Our WeatherTechs are always pulling away such that I always have to clip them back down. Like, every single time I get in the car.

wow that's nice. How are the retainer clips at actually holding to the buttons on the carpet? Our WeatherTechs are always pulling away such that I always have to clip them back down. Like, every single time I get in the car.
The right side clip on the drivers mat occasionally will let go slightly after a few drives, the passenger side doesn't have clips, more of a raised area to accomodate the floor posts. Sent back the WeatherTechs because of the problem you've experienced all the time like me, very poor for a mat so expensive.

Yeah I have the husky liners like pictured in the OP and my driver side clips will let go. It doesn't really bother me because it doesn't really shift around once they are unclipped but it's just an OCD thing.

I have weather techs in my BMW M3 and those never come unclipped. But I noticed BMW uses a different design to hold floor mats down so it could be that.

Bumping an older thread here to ask are aftermarket mats better in a CX-5 than the OEM mats ?
Mazda mats.jpg

Bumping an older thread here to ask are aftermarket mats better in a CX-5 than the OEM mats ?
View attachment 305948
If you’re looking for all-weather floor “mats” not floor liners, I believe aftermarket and OEM’s are about the same although I have OEM mats.

If you want floor liners, Canadian-only OEM Premium floor liners definitely are the best IMO (see post #9 above). And we can get them at MazdaShop / Scarborough Mazda in Canada.

Yeah, it's Scarborough Mazda in Canada https://mazdashop.ca/collections/20...loor-liners-1st-row-mazda-cx-5-2017-2018-2019 . You can get them on Amazon and ebay as well, but they are actually a little cheaper ordering direct from the Scarborough dealership, right now $141 for front and $99 for rear vs $150 and $110 on Amazon/Ebay. All 3 have free shipping.

Just don’t get WeatherTech floor liners for CX-5 or you’ll regret.

Last edited:
If you’re looking for all-weather floor “mats” not floor liners, I believe aftermarket and OEM’s are about the same although I have OEM mats.

If you want floor liners, Canadian-only OEM Premiun floor liners definitely are the best IMO (see post #9 above). And we can get them at MazdaShop / Scarborough Mazda in Canada.

Just don’t get WeatherTech floor liners for CX-5 or you’ll regret.

All weather floor liner is a different product from floor mat ?
For my 2016 CX-5 I had Mazda all weather mats and they were ok, but a a little too heavy duty/ rough appearance for me needs. For the newer CX-5's it seems Mazda's all a little thinner, softer, and more refined looking.
I live and drive in California and rarely visit the snow, so it's just water and, or, mud protection I want from a rubber floor mat.

All weather floor liner is a different product from floor mat ?
For my 2016 CX-5 I had Mazda all weather mats and they were ok, but a a little too heavy duty/ rough appearance for me needs. For the newer CX-5's it seems Mazda's all a little thinner, softer, and more refined looking.
I live and drive in California and rarely visit the snow, so it's just water and, or, mud protection I want from a rubber floor mat.
The difference between mats and liners is the former have 4 pieces and the latter have 3 pieces with one long piece for the rear covering the hump. The front driver mat usually don’t cover dead pedal, like the OEM one you had for 2016 CX-5. But the floor liners will cover it except the WeatherTech’s which covers only a half of the dead pedal. Almost all aftermarket products are floor liners. Like the discussions in this thread, you’ll find there’re always some (different) issues from aftermarket floor liners. If money is no object, I’d go for OEM Canadian Premium floor liners for better protection and best fit. Or you can go for OEM all-weather floor mats which will have similar protection like your previous OEM mats used in the 2016 CX-5.

The difference between mats and liners is the former have 4 pieces and the latter have 3 pieces with one long piece for the rear covering the hump. The front driver mat usually don’t cover dead pedal, like the OEM one you had for 2016 CX-5. But the floor liners will cover it except the WeatherTech’s which covers only a half of the dead pedal. Almost all aftermarket products are floor liners. Like the discussions in this thread, you’ll find there’re always some (different) issues from aftermarket floor liners. If money is no object, I’d go for OEM Canadian Premium floor liners for better protection and best fit. Or you can go for OEM all-weather floor mats which will have similar protection like your previous OEM mats used in the 2016 CX-5.

Are there photos available for the Canadian OEM mats/liners at the front/pedal area ?

I can't recommend the MaxSpider mats. I had them in my CX5 for 3 years and they're now just staring to wear a hole on the drivers side heel area, but I but a set for my Scion and they lasted less than 6000 miles before a hole wore through on the drivers side heel area! They're under a year old.
I too had the same issues with my first set of MAXpider mats years ago when they started to wear under my right heel. Fortunately I had them replaced under warranty. Now, since I switched to the Canadian OEM Premium liners when I got my 2nd CX-5 3 years ago I have noticed NO similar wear under my right heel, and these are made from the same material as the 3D MAXpiders.

Not surprised. The price for these Canadian OEM Premium floor liners has gone up from $240 pre-pandemic to $330 right now, a 37.5% increase!
I got my original 3D MAXpiders from www.partsengine.ca who are selling them for $119.99C for both fronts and $79.95C for the rears. COSTCO in Canada also sell the 3D MAXpiders, BUT, I like my newer Canadian OEM Premium liners better although at a higher price, as you say. I would recommend the Canadian OEM's for the fronts and the 3D MAXpiders for the rears, to keep the costs down a bit.

⋯ Now, since I switched to the Canadian OEM Premium liners when I got my 2nd CX-5 3 years ago I have noticed NO similar wear under my right heel, and these are made from the same material as the 3D MAXpiders
Good to know and thanks for the report.

Back