How You Earn a living

I work for Nabisco. I go store to store(4-6 per day) and stock shelves/build displays. I get to cruise around in my car all day, and they pay for my gas!! I'm full-time, so I get paid salary, but I only work about 25-30 hours per week. Sundays I work 2 1/2 hours(at least an hour of that is driving) and I get paid for 8 hours:D Oh, and I don't have to clock in. If I feel like starting at 6am, I'll be off around noon. If I start at 8am, I'm usually off by 2:30pm. Dealing with customers is a b**** sometimes though. It's like they leave their brains at home when they decide to go shopping...

Full-Time College Student..

Hopefully I can intern at the Mazda dealership at home over the summer and come back up north and find mechanic work. That is if i can't find a paying Graphic Design internship here ;)

Little Beavis said:
Manufacturing Engineering Manager for a plastics thermoforming company. . .I fix things. . .and get paid.

Well...well, I draw and get paid :p

17 years later and I'm going to necro the F out of this thread. Why start a new thread when one already exists, right? ;)

I'm a technical writer for a tractor OEM (Versatile). I edit and update operator and repair manuals for a bunch of different tractors. I also write service bulletins, campaigns, and instructions for dealer-installed accessory kits.

What do you do for a living?

Oh this looks fun.

Release Manager for a fortune 10 company. Basically manage release for our digital platforms Web and Mobile, back-end services, etc. But most importantly make sure we can pass audits (i.e. dev can't just push s*** to prod). In our industry, very highly regulated and need to make sure our processes and how we operate follow federal laws.

I did a quick search and didnt find a thread on this topic. I was just curious what the members of this forum did when they werent wasting countless hours online (or what they did while wasting time online).

I'll start off. . .

Im a Sr. Pet Trainer at PetsMart

and

Im a night auditor at a Holiday Inn Express

Im pulling the double duty full time job so I can pay off my debut and go to flight school.

Anyways, what do you all do?
Healthcare. Now dabbling in the stock market for more fun money. When this thread first surfaced, I was just graduating highschool, and would soon proceed to do city maintenance, telemarketing, sears appliance sales rep, and finally Ford auto sales rep until college, where I worked for Chili's until the last year of clinicals.

Worked for 30 years at Xerox. Started as a copier tech, moving up into management. Took early retirement package at 55.
Have been doing what I enjoy the most since then: Home repairs and renovations.
I'm a sole proprietorship registered company owner now.

I worked for Xerox for about 3 years early in my career. They had just recently bought ACS at the time which became their managed IT services (basically IT outsourcing) portion of the business (where I was), so had nothing to do with printers/copiers.

I'm a technical writer for a tractor OEM (Versatile). I edit and update operator and repair manuals for a bunch of different tractors. I also write service bulletins, campaigns, and instructions for dealer-installed accessory kits.
I took some technical writing courses in college. Those Haynes manuals really spoke to me in the 90's.

Back