How You Earn a living

:
02 MP5
I did a quick search and didnt find a thread on this topic. I was just curious what the members of this forum did when they werent wasting countless hours online (or what they did while wasting time online).

I'll start off. . .

Im a Sr. Pet Trainer at PetsMart

and

Im a night auditor at a Holiday Inn Express

Im pulling the double duty full time job so I can pay off my debut and go to flight school.

Anyways, what do you all do?

I'm a full time student, so that means I don't have a job. I live off of student loans for the time being. Oh, I also assist a prof. in animal physiology for about $9/hr, so I suppose that is a job.

I'm a sales agent for BMW and Mini Cooper OEM and aftermarket parts for the largest mail order company.

i have one of the worst jobs here...i am an apartment maintenance guy...i slave away for NOT enough money!

snaking drains, fixing leaks of all kinds, drywall repairs, getting apartments ready for move ins, and the worst part...every third week, i am on 24 hour call, for fires, floods, sewer backups, toilets,etc...

my job sucks, BUT, i get FREE RENT.hehe

if i can ever pay off my car, i will have 500+bucks a month to dump into it!

derrick1623 said:
i have one of the worst jobs here...i am an apartment maintenance guy...i slave away for NOT enough money!

snaking drains, fixing leaks of all kinds, drywall repairs, getting apartments ready for move ins, and the worst part...every third week, i am on 24 hour call, for fires, floods, sewer backups, toilets,etc...

my job sucks, BUT, i get FREE RENT.hehe

if i can ever pay off my car, i will have 500+bucks a month to dump into it!

dude, free rent? You have the best job here.

We had a thread on how much you made which normally included the job.

I work at Nextel HQ in Reston VA as a Programmer for the QA Audit team.

Probably going to move to ERT (Emerency Response Team) where they went to the Shuttle crash, 9/11, Sniper shootings here in DC and setup communications for all the departments. Free air travel and chance to drive actually HUMVEEEs into C-130s for transport. (They are are Sat trucks)

Last edited:
I have 3:

1. I am a touch panel and control system programmer for board room and conferencing solution. Want to have a media system and its to complex to easily control, then I can make it simple.

2. I am a Salesman/Installer at Tweeter. These days I mostly build boxes as I am the KING OF THE BOX. I make very tight box and if its a bit loose I can always seal it up with some cualk (thumb)

3. I make Protege specific grounding kits to improve where the factory short changed us. Everything form a few whp to better AM reception has been obtained with them.

At the time of this posting I have quit my job as a copy machine sales man. I am now in the detroit MI area looking for a job in finance. I am also selling my MSP.

Office Supervisor - Industrial Placement Agency

Worst job in the world. I have to find people in Atlanta jobs in factories. Problem is....Atlanta is the home of lazy, public assistance addicted, no showin' %%&(%&*(^(

Just venting :- )

Systems Analyst at a large Life Insurance Company's Corporate office in Jackson, MS...

I work 70 hours a week in front of this damn computer. The pay is good, but I rarely have a chance to spend any. ;)

systems integration engineer for a defense contractor...I develop/integrate hush-hush technology and every now and then, support soldiers in the field.

prior to my current job, I was interning to become a teacher.

prior to that job, I worked at the Getty Conservation Institute...I was analyzing new museum acquisitions.

prior to that, I was a camp counselor for a summer day camp in Pacific Palisades (anyone from LA/Westwood - Palicamp).

prior to that, I was a student at UCLA.

for the past eight years until I finally reached my ETS, I was a mechanic in the army reserves.

Back