How you doing?

That really sucks. It's true, work can be toxic, even without the coronavirus. I hope things get better soon, but the news on tv isn't really very encouraging.

We are still carrying on with isolating despite Ontario opening up a bit. Just not ready.

Wife goes back next week after an 18 month maternity leave. She's at big 5 bank so no toxic stuff there, pretty great work life balance.

I decided to take a long shot and request an unpaid leave for the school yr (I'm a grade 5 teacher) and it was approved. We just were not comfortable with how daycare was lining up. Wife will be WFH for a while but she couldn't juggle the boy too. We saw it as an opportunity from all this chaos to be with my son for a yr.

We're lucky is all. Have some friends going through tough times, one lost their biz. Also have 3 friends expecting babies in next few weeks and it's not been easy to prepare for that in COVID. We all just keep pressing on I suppose.

We are still carrying on with isolating despite Ontario opening up a bit. Just not ready.

Wife goes back next week after an 18 month maternity leave. She's at big 5 bank so no toxic stuff there, pretty great work life balance.

I decided to take a long shot and request an unpaid leave for the school yr (I'm a grade 5 teacher) and it was approved. We just were not comfortable with how daycare was lining up. Wife will be WFH for a while but she couldn't juggle the boy too. We saw it as an opportunity from all this chaos to be with my son for a yr.

We're lucky is all. Have some friends going through tough times, one lost their biz. Also have 3 friends expecting babies in next few weeks and it's not been easy to prepare for that in C-19. We all just keep pressing on I suppose.

I hear you man. That's great that you got approved for leave. Kind of a silver lining in that you get to spend a lot more time with your wife and child.

Checking in again. I know some of us are parents with kids going back to school, some with restrictions in place and some without. I hope everyone is staying safe, and I hope everyone's kids stay healthy as well.

It's been a rough week, school started for my 9 year old. Oh... I mean.... "school".
Sucks. We just moved to this suburb, he barely knows anyone. He made 2 close friends last last year, then school shut down. Couldn't meet any neighborhood kids this summer, now he's in remote school. It's depressing...

Been in and out of the hospital/doctors. Kept choking on food and turns out my esophagus was narrowed so they had to stretch it back out. Been a fun couple of weeks lol. Now just nailing down the cause - GERD or EOE maybe. Got a hiatal hernia too that they found with the endoscopy gotta address.

Otherwise, finally feel back to normal today and not choking on food lol.

I had kinda put it off after the first incident/ER visit in April, but now getting a hold of it.

Last edited:
Why aren't we checking on each other? :D
How are you?
How's your family?
What's going on in your part of the world?

I'll reply later...

Boss just dumped a two day project on my desk, then I get an email from a department head that wants me to design a whole new part of the website just for her. Lol

OMG! How do they 'stretch it back out'?

Esophageal dilation during the endoscopy. Not sure what method they actually used, but some sort of tools or whatever they can use with the endoscope they shove down your esophagus.

Luckily I fell asleep from the sedation.

I feel so tired, this year I haven't used my leave credits. My out of the country trips has been cancelled due to the pandemic.

Yeah work only lets us carry so much PTO over every year, so this year was a lot of just taking Fridays off because what am I going to do? Take a week off and go somewhere? Not really. 3 day weekends were nice 1-2 times a month, but otherwise feel like I need an actual recharge.

I already took 2 weeks off from work and still felt burned out. My team of four people now is down to 2 and there's more work (for the whole team) than before.

People need to stop using their computers and get out more. Keep your safe distance but be out so there is less work for me.

Been riding my bike a lot, so there's that. GOt a nice bike right after we locked down here in Ohio before they all sold out. I got one of the last ones in the shop. A Giant. It's SO nice.

Just got back from a road trip to Hilton Head. Rented a mini van because we took the 98 pound dog. Yea, screw those people that are all "People should buy minivans instead of SUV's". Hated driving that Sedona. Trip was nice though. Rented a house on the beach just the family. SUPER relaxing. Went to Savannah for a day, what a NICE TOWN.

Well, tighter C-19 restrictions are being put in place again (for a two-week period). Seems people in my area just got too comfortable.

It's EXPLODING here in Ohio again after we were starting to get it under control. O wait, certain people will tell, it's just because of the US election. This will all go away after that.
🤪 Seriously... there are people that believe this.

Back