How you doing?

Get as detailed as you like (or don't like.)

What the heck did you invest in?
Or can you disclose the general industry?
Here's to hoping you moved on it. Maybe a pull back later, but this week has been the kind of success I was looking for with this.
Screenshot_20200527-182545_Robinhood.jpg

I grew up with that tank and stand. My father brought it to me 6mo ago or so, and now I have it in my house. Its sentimental as well as enjoyable just for the sake of it.

Finally seeing some decent growth. At this point, I can pull back and afford a pvs14 gen 3 WP, and a mawl...but planning to wait longer for more. Still...goal met.
Screenshot_20200602-233722_Robinhood.jpg

Another thing I find peaceful is mowing. It's me vs the jungle out here. In the end, it will win. And that's okay. But for now, I am master of this domain. My yard has 3 tiers, this is the mid and largest. The lower is by the river, and the upper is the first 3rd, mostly forested. The upper to mid tier is a 75ft drop or so. 325ft long drive at 27% grade. The lower tier is another 10ft down, and then it drops I guess to a 4th tier, another 8ft down, which is the river. I luckily only have about 1/5th of it that I mow since I've began letting my field run wild to attract deer.

101706412_10100282390655261_4232004372520763392_o.jpg

Jesus man share some tips! :D
I usually mow to best effect later in the day. Also, the cheap chinese belts I have used actually have less stretch and don't break vs. the Stens brand and eXmark brand I've used on the drive belt. A 60" eXmark makes life easier by far!

Not sure how I missed this thread.

Anyway, been work from home since 3/10. It was an adjustment for home, but we are used to it now. What's funny is my teammate and I were probably going to convert to mostly if not full time work from home, so this really just accelerated that.

Work has been a bit chaotic and crazy busy though. I work for a healthcare/insurance company and March and April were crazy months for COVID. Things are mostly back to normal workload wise, but there is still some chaos here and there. Offices are staying closed through the end of the summer at least. We have no cubicles so you have 6 other people within 6 feet of you any desk you are sitting and open offices are just bulls*** stupid setups anyway that was a petri dish before the pandemic anyway.

At home have not done too much different.

I'm one of the lucky ones who still have work. I have been working from home since March. Blessed to spend more time with the family during this time of the pandemic. I hope everyone is safe and healthy in your part of the world.

Damn, son!!
Good for you!!!

No, I don't buy individual shares.

But...why? Keep in mind in your reply that I just started trading <3mo ago, and am ignorant of a great deal.
My thought processes on this stuff are backwards.

I may have mentioned that I belonged to an investment club in the early 1990s. One of the things that hit when we had that club was bottled water.
Me: "Bottled water!?!?!? Who's gonna pay for something that vends for fractions of a cent at the tap???"

Then Starbucks went public.
Me: "$5 coffee!?!?!? 7/11 sells it for $1.50 a cup!!"

I bought gold at the peak, held on to it for 10 years, got my money back out of it as soon as it hit my break-even point and put it into mutual funds where it could "do some good." That was about 18 months ago. Gold has since gone up 40% and my mutual funds are down 15%.

I probably shouldn't put this in writing. I should have created a ghost account. It's not pretty.

Back