How to increase HP on my 2019 CX-5?

plus any after market mode hurts fuel economy and shorten the life of the cars mechanical components no matter how subtle the mode is.
had cars with lite mods like ecu flash to fully build race cars,I'm no stranger to that game.bought a mazda so I can have reliability now that I have kids and to mess it up sounds like a bad idea to me.

plus any after market mode hurts fuel economy and shorten the life of the cars mechanical components no matter how subtle the mode is.
had cars with lite mods like ecu flash to fully build race cars,I'm no stranger to that game.bought a mazda so I can have reliability now that I have kids and to mess it up sounds like a bad idea to me.
I agree.

OP check out electric superchargers. I found this recently:

there’s a few interesting videos on youtube with dyno numbers and timeslips.

I was looking at electric supercharging options after i heard about the oems like mercedes and audi implementing the technology and phantom electric superchargers used by the frs/86/brz folks but they are no longer around.

this looks good to me and if i had $$$ to spare (relatively affordable at around $2500) i would get it. maybe next year...

OP check out electric superchargers. I found this recently:

there’s a few interesting videos on youtube with dyno numbers and timeslips.

I was looking at electric supercharging options after i heard about the oems like mercedes and audi implementing the technology and phantom electric superchargers used by the frs/86/brz folks but they are no longer around.

this looks good to me and if i had $$$ to spare (relatively affordable at around $2500) i would get it. maybe next year...
The problem would be tuning. Just buy a lightly loved cx5 GTR 2019 model and enjoy. It will be a far superior option, mechanically.

The problem would be tuning. Just buy a lightly loved cx5 GTR 2019 model and enjoy. It will be a far superior option, mechanically.
Agreed, a better starting point would be the gtr to begin with.

But for some, you are stuck with what you have for now and like to tinker around

Electric superchargers can never be much more then gimmicks. The power requires to drive a supercharger is enormous. Though efficient, electric motors need huge amperage to produce that power. Here is an example. The engine is a boosted Ford 428 FE block. The power consumption is proportionally greater but I think you can see the pattern.
http://fepower.net/Photos/Dyno Results/Dyno Data/sclosses.jpg

If the power required to make 17 psi in 7 liters were reduced by a third for 2.5 liters the result would be an impossible 2100 amps.
110HP/3 = (36*746 watts/HP)/13V = 2104A

Power varies by the cube of air flow, so if we cut the boost flow in half the boost pressure will be about half (a very reasonable 8.5 psi) and the Amperage (power) goes down by 8 to 263 A. Asuming the blower is equally efficient at 1/2 the flow rate. How long will that last on a 100 Amp alternator?

Don't fall for the electric supercharger sham. To get the power needed, you need a crank driven supercharger, or you need to recover the same power from expanding hot exhaust.

Electric superchargers can never be much more then gimmicks. The power requires to drive a supercharger is enormous. Though efficient, electric motors need huge amperage to produce that power. Here is an example. The engine is a boosted Ford 428 FE block. The power consumption is proportionally greater but I think you can see the pattern.
http://fepower.net/Photos/Dyno Results/Dyno Data/sclosses.jpg

If the power required to make 17 psi in 7 liters were reduced by a third for 2.5 liters the result would be an impossible 2100 amps.
110HP/3 = (36*746 watts/HP)/13V = 2104A

Power varies by the cube of air flow, so if we cut the boost flow in half the boost pressure will be about half (a very reasonable 8.5 psi) and the Amperage (power) goes down by 8 to 263 A. Asuming the blower is equally efficient at 1/2 the flow rate. How long will that last on a 100 Amp alternator?

Don't fall for the electric supercharger sham. To get the power needed, you need a crank driven supercharger, or you need to recover the same power from expanding hot exhaust.

Yeah the more I look into it, its gimmicky, kinda like a small shot of nitrous while daily driving.

3 minutes of full boost at 10psi and your supercharger batteries are depleted, supposedly, it would take the alternator 30 minutes to charge them back up.

if only we can get the edelbrock s/c from the nd miata to fit sideways.

Back