How do I disable (turn OFF) the alarm on 2021 CX-5? Lock only but NO alarm?

Hi all,

First posting for me, though I've been searching and reading other threads; great forum.

My question; new CX-5 member. I have a 2021 and want to DISABLE the alarm but still lock the car (already saw how to turn off the beep when I press lock on the remote). How? Still want the car to lock, but how do I disable the alarm system? I read something in the manual, but the explanation was quite confusing as it referenced "any window car request button?" Thank you.

No alarm? Interesting. That could explain why I cant find it!!! But in the manual it talks about "Disarming an Armed Alarm system" I have a CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve. No alarm on it? (Not a big deal as I want to turn it off). I thought Alarms are standard on most cars. So if someone breaks into a CX-5, it doesn't dtat blaring horns and so on?

Upvote 0
:
Virginia
:
2021 CX-5 White
There is an alarm according to the US manual...a theft deterrent system...typical engine immobilizer...flashing headlights...horn sounding...which can be turned off by the remote.

Security System

If the theft-deterrent system detects an inappropriate entry into the vehicle, which could result in the vehicle or its contents being stolen, the alarm alerts the surrounding area of an abnormality by sounding the horn and flashing the hazard warning lights.

The system will not function unless it's properly armed. So when you leave the vehicle, follow the arming procedure correctly.

Upvote 0
There is an alarm according to the US manual...a theft deterrent system...typical engine immobilizer...flashing headlights...horn sounding...which can be turned off by the remote.

Security System

If the theft-deterrent system detects an inappropriate entry into the vehicle, which could result in the vehicle or its contents being stolen, the alarm alerts the surrounding area of an abnormality by sounding the horn and flashing
the hazard warning lights.
The system will not function unless it's properly armed. So when you leave the vehicle, follow the arming procedure correctly.

I don’t meant turning it off remote once it is blaring and horn is going off. I mean DISABLING the alarm entirely. The manual talks about how to do it but I can’t figure it out.
Anyone?

Upvote 0
:
Virginia
:
2021 CX-5 White
That is a good question! I did not pick up on the real ask. Let us know when you find out.

As far as I can tell there are two systems,
1. the engine immobilizer, which always works in concert with the electronic key and
2. the theft deterrent system, which is the horn, headlight and flashers and is usually always armed upon locking up the car. I do not see how you can turn that theft deterrent function off, only how to turn it off once it is activated. In fact, I never knew that turning off the theft deterrent was an option in any car!

Upvote 0
:
2019 CX-5 Signature

Security System

If the theft-deterrent system detects an inappropriate entry into the vehicle, which could result in the vehicle or its contents being stolen, the alarm alerts the surrounding area of an abnormality by sounding the horn and flashing the hazard warning lights.

Is this new for '21?

Upvote 0