Higher mileage CX-5's

Wow! I've made on average 32-33.000 miles/year and I thought that I had high mileage at 210.000. But your 385.000 is out of this world. Did you get the car new? No mileage on it?

2014 CX-5 with 145,000 miles.
-Changed both rear calipers due to a caliper locking up while driving. Got the TPMS light. When I pulled over the rotor was glowing red. Looked like I had a neon light in my wheel hub. When I did the caliper I replaced the hoses as well.
-Changed a switch in the shifter column. The car wouldn't turn off at times.
-Changed out the Lower control arm, inner and outer tie rods, sway bar links front and back, strut/coil tower assembly and rear shocks recently due to uneven wear on tires. Had two broken sway bar links.

I am debating what else to do at these miles to keep in running. I am thinking about changing spark plugs(they are original), Transmission fluid/filter change(never done before), and cleaning the throttle body and MAF

2014 CX-5 with 145,000 miles.
-Changed both rear calipers due to a caliper locking up while driving. Got the TPMS light. When I pulled over the rotor was glowing red. Looked like I had a neon light in my wheel hub. When I did the caliper I replaced the hoses as well.
-Changed a switch in the shifter column. The car wouldn't turn off at times.
-Changed out the Lower control arm, inner and outer tie rods, sway bar links front and back, strut/coil tower assembly and rear shocks recently due to uneven wear on tires. Had two broken sway bar links.

I am debating what else to do at these miles to keep in running. I am thinking about changing spark plugs(they are original), Transmission fluid/filter change(never done before), and cleaning the throttle body and MAF
Plugs are supposed to be replaced at 75,000 miles per Mazda. I'd check the condition of the trans fluid and service it . Throttle body cleaning is a good idea. I did mine and idle and throttle tip in were smoother. MAF too, but may not make any difference. Has the cooling system been serviced? What about belts? And the battery is what vintage? Last night my odometer hit 63,00 miles and hopefully will get to your mileage without major expense. Good job, it's encouraging.

Plugs are supposed to be replaced at 75,000 miles per Mazda. I'd check the condition of the trans fluid and service it . Throttle body cleaning is a good idea. I did mine and idle and throttle tip in were smoother. MAF too, but may not make any difference. Has the cooling system been serviced? What about belts? And the battery is what vintage? Last night my odometer hit 63,00 miles and hopefully will get to your mileage without major expense. Good job, it's encouraging.
Yea plugs are going in today along with new boots for them. People are now telling me not to touch the transmission if it’s never been done. I never did it before because the lifetime fluid claim. Cooling system never touched. Did have to replace the blower motor last year after it died. Belts are original. Battery was replaced in 2020. I’m not planning to keep the car forever so just trying to keep it running good for another 15,000-20,000 miles

Hey guys,

Just curious who here has a higher mileage CX-5, and what problems/expenses have you incurred during those miles? My 19' GTR is under warranty, and I plan on keeping it for awhile, but am kind of wondering what I have to look forward to repair wise. However, I do know that the Mazda's are very reliable.

Thanks!
2016.5 with 84879 miles. Still on first set of new tires (I do a lot of research and do not replace with cheap tires). Just competed its first brake job. I do all of the service and maintenance. When I buy a new car that is the last time the dealer sees it unless it a warranty issue. PS: my favorite car was my 1948 Hudson Commidore 8, drove it just under 300,000 miles with no major problems.

2016.5 with 84879 miles. Still on first set of new tires (I do a lot of research and do not replace with cheap tires). Just competed its first brake job. I do all of the service and maintenance. When I buy a new car that is the last time the dealer sees it unless it a warranty issue. PS: my favorite car was my 1948 Hudson Commidore 8, drove it just under 300,000 miles with no major problems.
What kind of tires you currently have?

I have no chance of ever getting my CX-5 to high mileage, especially since I shifted to permanent WFH in March 2020. Which is fine, it just means that my CX-5 has a chance to have smoother running with less repairs for the actual duration I'll own it.

123k miles on my 2014 now. I have been lazy and need to get the coolant changed, but otherwise no other repairs needed since my last report with the lock actuators and resealing the engine oil pan. Normal maintenance, did do another transmission fluid drain/fill back in Septemberish.

I basically am back to permanent WFH as our office downtown was closed and the other office is in a crappy location and frankly sucks. So I really only drive to go visit parents, run errands, etc now.

2016.5 GT, with north of 110Kmi so far.

Have done the transm/diff fluids, coolant, brakes, and the serpentine accessory belt + parts once. Plus all of the regular maintenance items. Running like a "top."

Recently polished and sealed the paint, and rejuvenated/sealed the black trim. Time for the fuel filter, soon, along with oil+filter again. Will go through and tighten any loosening chassis/body bolts. Will soon zap the hinges with grease, as they began creaking over this winter's cold weather. Hoses all seem fine. Am monitoring the shocks' feel and performance; so far, so good, but likely will swap in a new set within the next year or two, along with tie rod ends and whatever other little gems pop up.

Back