HEY WAKE UP,, BC users

:
06 LS MS6
07 BM GT (shell has been struck from the roll)
OK, if you have not done so recently, go outside now and check your ride height

I was convinvicened I had a bad right rear spring

ACTUALLY

I had my left front strut walk itsellf out a 2 and a half inches

spring perch was tight, the locking collar for the ride hieght let go

NEEDS be TIGHT

struts all good
relocked dust covers, other maintennece, etc
flogging time

Attachments

• eff off 159.jpg
    eff off 159.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 107
  • eff off 160.jpg
    eff off 160.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Wow that even read tipsy. My collars hold fine, course I double down with the spanners against each other(collars). Quick beef here though, seems my shocks have lost gas, the car has been sitting dead weight for eight months I wonder why...time for Konis! Or can you get them refilled?

Wow that even read tipsy. My collars hold fine, course I double down with the spanners against each other(collars). Quick beef here though, seems my shocks have lost gas, the car has been sitting dead weight for eight months I wonder why...time for Konis! Or can you get them refilled?

tidied up, and pics added
not the double nutted spring collars, it was the ride height that loosened

I'm checking them tomorrow then, I'm all underneath the car to get her ready for a long Xmas drive...may be the cause of the suspension noise I'm hearing, I hope!

little update on this, I, with the ride height tight, I now hear little dunk, dunk, dunks while parking.

I think the last alignment, which involved a camber change, got the pillow bound up leaving the ride height as the easy place to rotate
and very slowly walked it out

Finally got mine dialed back in after being sloppily driven and sitting on uneven surfaces for eight months in the shop. Only slight bottoming out in the rear, I think a slight lengthening of the rear shocks should compensate for that without changing spring perch or adj. camber, like maybe .5 inch longer?

that will only allow the wheels to drop further in an unloaded state. unless you followed those insructions to the letter, which may have you compressing he springs with the shock length. if that is the case, youll get some height back letting the shock out a bit, but otherwise, ride height is a function of the spring perch height

figured Id try the easy way first. poured a bit of 50 weight harley oil on the pillow ball

no more spring clunk
hope thats the end of that little issue

Back