Poll Help Me Choose a Caliper Paint Color ('16 Crystal White Pearl)

What color should I paint calipers for a Crystal White Pearl CX-5?

• Total voters
Hoping this is in the right spot...since it's aesthetic I figured it best fits with "Appearance". Apologies if not!

My new-to-me '16 Crystal White Pearl CX-5 and I will have some free-time this weekend, and I REALLY want to paint the calipers as they are currently very (surface) rusty and look pretty awful to my eyes.

I've already ruled out anything too flashy - so red, yellow, etc are out of the question.

Many thanks!

38 views and 4 votes?! Folks...it literally takes a second. Very interested in opinions on caliper color for Crystal White Pearl! I'm leaning toward black, but might be swayed. :cool:

I voted for satin silver. Blends in just fine with pretty much any wheel colour and wheel style. Bronze would look nice, but without aftermarket wheels, they may just look rusty to the untrained eye.

38 views and 4 votes?! Folks...it literally takes a second. Very interested in opinions on caliper color for Crystal White Pearl! I'm leaning toward black, but might be swayed. :cool:

You posted this thread only a few hours ago. Give it time. Some people simply have no opinion on the matter, but are still interested in seeing what other people have done to their cars. I suspect that a lot of those 38 views were from users who clicked because they were expecting to see pictures from someone who recently painted their calipers.

You posted this thread only a few hours ago. Give it time. Some people simply have no opinion on the matter, but are still interested in seeing what other people have done to their cars. I suspect that a lot of those 38 views were from users who clicked because they were expecting to see pictures from someone who recently painted their calipers.
I know i clicked to see freshly painted calipers!!

Updated thread title and added "Poll:" prefix. :)

If you're not going to do a red-orange or similar, there is a color called 'burnt copper'. I would use if doing my calipers on my 'liquid silver' CX-5.

safety green / HI-VIS

aka:

play with colors here:

more color chips here:

It should contrast with the rims. Silver rims, don't do silver. Black rims, don't do black.

I think red or orange is a little overstated on a white CUV.

I'm going blacked out, y'all. Picked up some gloss black enamel and will try to get it in this weekend...

I appreciate the input! Was a hard sell between gloss black and gunmetal/silver, but I really like the"blacked out" look on a white SUV so that's that.

Will try to post pics when I get them completed. Thanks!

Will try to post pics when I get them completed. Thanks!
So how’d it work out?

(I would have voted for red ... because ... like how do you paint calipers anything but something “flashy”? ... my deep crystal blue would probably have to get yellow. I think that might even be a law.)

My concern with black is that since the calipers already live in the shadows and quickly get covered in brake dust; they are essentially black already, no matter what color you paint them. They NEED flashy colors to stand out. However ... looking forward to seeing what you’ve got and proving me wrong.

Back