HELP!!! Loud Scary Knocking Noise From Engine

nice man, jus got mine to the shop today along with motor and turbo kit!! everything done for $800!!! will prob be ready by tues :) cant wait to get er goin again!!

damn i wish there where more pople on this site from Alaska i wish there was like some sort of protege organization hear or something, but yea when u get that turbo on there pimp you should let me know how it goes, and just to let who ever else get on this thread know MONEY ISNT MUCH OF AN ISSUE ANY MORE(scratch)

damn i wish there where more pople on this site from Alaska i wish there was like some sort of protege organization hear or something, but yea when u get that turbo on there pimp you should let me know how it goes, and just to let who ever else get on this thread know MONEY ISNT MUCH OF AN ISSUE ANY MORE(scratch)

your better off there than new mexico. (yes)

well...my car did this about three days ago as well. i was whippin it around town pretty good before it started clankin loudly when i was pullin in second at open throttle. shame on me for drivin like a lunatic all the time i know. but my next day off is wednesday and im gonna take a look at my bearings and hope to god thats what it is. ill be back on to give u guys the 411.

nice man, jus got mine to the shop today along with motor and turbo kit!! everything done for $800!!! will prob be ready by tues :) cant wait to get er goin again!!

A motor, turbo kit and installation all for $800? I doubt it...

Lets see a list of whats on the car.

well after all the fluids and misc things, the total was about $1200 still not too bad

mods as of right now r
custom short ram intake
FMIC
hard pipes
MSP turbo, mani, ecu... stock setup
have boost, oil pressure, and air fuel ratio gauges but not hooked up as of right now
along with a halman's boost controller that is not hooked up either
have a joep FDC but not hooked up
Greddy type rs bov (Sounds Sweet!!)

Last edited:
i did the same thing just high milage motor all together mine was is like 1300 and i pick it back up the 26th of this month(gah)

i thought my motor was cheap

well i found a used motor from japan with under 50k on it!! i got it for 760 after tax. got it dropped for 600 after fluids n parts from this mechanic i bowl with who works at honda. after having to buy all three shot motor mounts which were about 450 total cost for my engine was about 1900. which i couldn't complain about at all considering the quality of the motor. she runs like a champ now. better than before especially with those new motor mounts. but hey now i know what rod knock sounds like so maybe i can catch it before it blows next time!! lol

Guess whose back..back again knockings back only in my 2002 need rebuild need rebuild cant swap cuz im pretty tight on funds so any one down to help me rebuild

really!!! damn man!! that sucks!!
u might as well get a forged motor from speed circuit or pg
then slap the turbo on there :) oh and get doc b's oil system toO!!!

well i found a used motor from japan with under 50k on it!! i got it for 760 after tax. got it dropped for 600 after fluids n parts from this mechanic i bowl with who works at honda. after having to buy all three shot motor mounts which were about 450 total cost for my engine was about 1900. which i couldn't complain about at all considering the quality of the motor. she runs like a champ now. better than before especially with those new motor mounts. but hey now i know what rod knock sounds like so maybe i can catch it before it blows next time!! lol

Where did you get the motor?

But you said...(lol)

Sorry. Truly. I do hope you get it worked out.

I have a cx-9 that had the same problem. I bought it used with 69,000 mi. The previous owner had got it with 39,000 so he real didn't much but oil changes. So shortly after I had purchased it I started to hear the noise coming from the engine. So I started to look on line to find help and found the forum that has good post. So to make a long story short I fix the problem with the noise in me engine not really realizing that I fix it. I planned a trip to Las Vegas and I diced to give the car a tune up as I took the spark plugs they where over gapped and the pvc was not working properly. I replaced the spark plugs and pvc used castrol synthetic 5 quarts and topped off with half a quart of marvel mystery oil. Drove it around for a day no noise the drove it to Las Vegas and still no noise. I hope the helps someone.

Back