HELP!!! Loud Scary Knocking Noise From Engine

it is a possibility. but how hard is it to take off the oil pan and windage tray to CHECK if the bearings can be replaced??

i know of MORE than 1 person that have just replaced bearings and went about their day.. car still runs fine..all they did was bearings, no rebuild kit.. i'm trying to save you money..

and it would be stupid to buy a used engine for like 500.00 when you're gonna build it. buy a complete block, and go from there. like i said, i have a few laying around that i could hook you up with.
ok i am lookin for the cheapest yet the safest way out, so if i replace the bearings and then wait a few weeks or so, do u think it would be good to go ahead and turbo the car?

ok i am lookin for the cheapest yet the safest way out, so if i replace the bearings and then wait a few weeks or so, do u think it would be good to go ahead and turbo the car?

honestly, no. i would think the motor has issues, i would go ahead and just do the bearings for it to run. ya know?? and do what i said, and get a block/crank and buy forged stuff and THEN turbo it.

i c what ur sayin,but i was thinkin to go ahead and get the used motor and get it put in my car, then wait a month or so, then turbo that. while in the mean time, keep my old motor and forge and build that as it is goin to take a while for me to save up enough to go forged. i only make 7.75 an hour workin part time so it would take me a good while to go forged! whatcha think?

i c what ur sayin,but i was thinkin to go ahead and get the used motor and get it put in my car, then wait a month or so, then turbo that. while in the mean time, keep my old motor and forge and build that as it is goin to take a while for me to save up enough to go forged. i only make 7.75 an hour workin part time so it would take me a good while to go forged! whatcha think?

well. honestly.. sounds ok. but it might be best, to at LEAST check your motor and see if you can replace just the bearings.. it should last a decent time. just dont kill it driving hard.

you know whats hella ****** up mine dose the same thing only its 1000X louder and every time i push my gas the oil light comes on but when i release the gas pedal the oil light goes off and my car is just so loud the knock is any way its ******* horrendous, that's why i made the engine swap post but if i could fix this without swapping motors ill be more than happy for suggestions

you know whats hella ****** up mine dose the same thing only its 1000X louder and every time i push my gas the oil light comes on but when i release the gas pedal the oil light goes off and my car is just so loud the knock is any way its ******* horrendous, that's why i made the engine swap post but if i could fix this without swapping motors ill be more than happy for suggestions
Well the alternative is, if u want to still use the same engine, u can take out the crank shaft and get it machined, then replace all the rod bearings. gettin a new engine is the cheapest way out
by time labor and the machining comes into play and parts, its goin to prob cost u alot more to do it that way
i would just get a new engine, and keep the old one and build it!! im talkin forged pistons!!!!!!!!! then drop that baby in!!

sounds good man but hears the deal with the new motor home boy wants me to pay $650 for the same year and same liters as my car only catch is(eekfu) the son of a b**** has 180k on it and my motor that when ******* clickity clank squealing sound had only 57k point blank but any way enough about small talk pimp i was just gunna say with a motor with that many miles on it if i forged the internals would it be a bad idea to boost it

well i need somethin that i can put in straight away when i recieve it, lol mine is has a spun rod bearing too. i need something that will be good to turbo also

sounds good man but hears the deal with the new motor home boy wants me to pay $650 for the same year and same liters as my car only catch is(eekfu) the son of a b**** has 180k on it and my motor that when ******* clickity clank squealing sound had only 57k point blank but any way enough about small talk pimp i was just gunna say with a motor with that many miles on it if i forged the internals would it be a bad idea to boost it

no... too much. go on ebay. there's a bunch for like.. 550-700.00 for 50kmiles.

well i dont have the option of ebay i live in flipping Alaska dude and this motor is in town its "sadly to say" the best deal in this gay state

well i dont have the option of ebay i live in flipping Alaska dude and this motor is in town its "sadly to say" the best deal in this gay state

well. sorry dude. you asked for an answer, i gave it. ebay people should ship..

but. otherwise, if you can't find s***. then yes. buy it.

if ur goin to turbo, then look for a decent motor to start with
if not then jus go with the 1 u lookin at in ur town and that would get u goin
just my $.02

yea my bad dude deff not trying to be a dick to any one just a little pissy about seizing up a motor that had 57,000 miles on it and besides me 2 original owners, i just thought that if i took care of this high mileage motor and went with some forged internals it would run very well with or without a turbo

All halt. If money is that tight - please don't turbo the car. Do it right or don't do it. It will get waaay expensive fast. Search zoomzoomboom.

Save your money for a new car. Really. This you (from the future) talking!

lol that was kinda funny but , the turbo was future thingy any way i paid for my motor today and its going in my babie on monday hopfully

Latest posts

Back