HELP!!! Loud Scary Knocking Noise From Engine

rod knock will happen for the whole rpm range and should be there even @ idle, and will get louder as the eng. warms up and the oil thins so it doesnt really act like rod knock but it def doesnt sound good

ok another thing is it a stick could it be the preasure plate or something i dont know just throwing out all ideas bc i knew it was too quite to be a rod knocking

rod knock will happen for the whole rpm range and should be there even @ idle, and will get louder as the eng. warms up and the oil thins so it doesnt really act like rod knock but it def doesnt sound good

that's the beginning of rod knock.. his issue anyways. i GUARANTEE THAT IF HE KEEPS DRIVING, IT WILL BECOME EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE EXPLAINING.

oh well good luck on your trouble shooting iam sure these guys will steer you in the right direction to follow,,, hope its nothing to too major take care

that video was painful to listen to. that sucks man. what were you doing when it started making the noise?
i know man i hate it!!! and i was supposed to be turboing it today :(
but i was jus pullin outa school parkin lot, got up to about 5k rpm b4 i shifted then it started!!

well if you wanna tear into it i will come help. hopefully it is just a bearing. ive never done it but im not scared to tried.

im not 100 percent sure but i think ima get another used motor, then turbo it :)

dude. i'd at least pull the pan to check.. bearings are way cheaper.. than, purchase a used motor, and build it.. or a block anyways(i have a few laying around i could get you for cheap), and then turbo that..

dude. i'd at least pull the pan to check.. bearings are way cheaper.. than, purchase a used motor, and build it.. or a block anyways(i have a few laying around i could get you for cheap), and then turbo that..
well even if it was the bearing, wont the the part where its connected to the crank shaft be worn as there is no bearing between the piston rod and that part of the crankshaft itself?

well even if it was the bearing, wont the the part where its connected to the crank shaft be worn as there is no bearing between the piston rod and that part of the crankshaft itself?

it's not necessarily that there is NO bearing. the damage would be much worse.. but just that it scored the bearing.. the crank is forged. it'll take a bit more damage than the bearing would. without ******* it up.

it's not necessarily that there is NO bearing. the damage would be much worse.. but just that it scored the bearing.. the crank is forged. it'll take a bit more damage than the bearing would. without ******* it up.
i was told by a mechanic that if i was to try and fix it, it would cost me alot more than a new motor would run me up cause i would have to pull the engine, get a crank rebuild kit rebuild tha crank and all this other s***..
am i being fed some BS?

Last edited:
i was told by a mechanic that if i was to try and fix it, it would cost me alot more than a new motor would run me up cause i would have to pull the engine, get a crank rebuild kit rebuild tha crank and all this other s***..
am i being fed some BS?

it is a possibility. but how hard is it to take off the oil pan and windage tray to CHECK if the bearings can be replaced??

i know of MORE than 1 person that have just replaced bearings and went about their day.. car still runs fine..all they did was bearings, no rebuild kit.. i'm trying to save you money..

and it would be stupid to buy a used engine for like 500.00 when you're gonna build it. buy a complete block, and go from there. like i said, i have a few laying around that i could hook you up with.

Back