Heads Up Display Problem

I have a 2019 CX5. I love my Mazda, but I am having issues with the heads up display. I set the HUD when we first purchased the car in November, 2019, but it doesn’t hold the setting. At least twice a day the HUD returns to the factory setting. I reset it, but it slips out of view. I took it to the dealer, and the gentleman told me he couldn’t find anything wrong and that the technology updates have been successful. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Your answer may be here:

Does it store with the seat memory? Maybe try setting it to your liking then save the seat position?

Does it store with the seat memory? Maybe try setting it to your liking then save the seat position????
You might be right. My wife complains it's too low for her, I set it up when I'm in the car and my seat is set to my setting. Next day when she drives it she says it's too low.
I'll have to try raising it under her seat setting.

Does it store with the seat memory? Maybe try setting it to your liking then save the seat position????
The HUD is tied into the seat memory setting. I use seat button one for me, and seat button two for the wife. She's a foot shorter than me, so the seat settings and HUD settings are much different for the two of us.

Before locking them in, make sure both the HUD and seat position are where you want them. That should solve your problem.

Now, I just wish the mirrors were set to the seats.....oh well. Can't have everything. Cheers.

The seat/HUD memory can also be tied to separate key fobs as well.

The seat/HUD memory can also be tied to separate key fobs as well.
Correct. Forgot to mention that. We have our seat settings also programmed into our FOB's. That's a nice feature btw. It's worth setting up. Takes only a few seconds once you have the seat and HUD where you want it.

My wife and I each keep our own fob, and whoever unlocks the car gets the seat moving to the right place. I love it. My grand kids thought it was spooky when the seat started moving on its own after I opened the door.

It’s important to note that setting the memory feature on the car seat is separate from setting the memory feature on the Key FOB. You have to set each one once you have adjusted your seating and HUD positions to your liking. To set the memory function:

1. Seat memory is set by pushing the set button on the seat and then immediately pressing one of the two memory buttons on the seat. A beep will be heard when the programming is successful.

2. The FOB memory is set by pushing the set button on the seat and then immediately pressing the door unlock button on the FOB being programmed. A beep will be heard when the programming is successful.

Should you change your seat position and/or HUD positions at a later time, you will need to repeat this process if you wish to keep those new settings.

It’s important to note that setting the memory feature on the car seat is separate from setting the memory feature on the Key FOB. You have to set each one once you have adjusted your seating and HUD positions to your liking. To set the memory function:

1. Seat memory is set by pushing the set button on the seat and then immediately pressing one of the two memory buttons on the seat. A beep will be heard when the programming is successful.

2. The FOB memory is set by pushing the set button on the seat and then immediately pressing the door unlock button on the FOB being programmed. A beep will be heard when the programming is successful.

Should you change your seat position and/or HUD positions at a later time, you will need to repeat this process if you wish to keep those new settings.
Thank you so much!

Back