Heads up display for cx5 gt 2017

So on a 2017 CX5 one must get the GT with the Premium Package in order to get HUD?

On 2018's is it the same thing?

Yes, Lbear, you need a GT.

Does Hudly support Android Auto?

Yes, Lbear, you need a GT.

Does Hudly support Android Auto?

I doubt it. Reading their description they say this:

With the use of the wireless standards Miracast and Airplay,

- If you are an Android user that means no Pixel, Nexus, Motorola and other Android brands that use stock Android. Google removed Miracast support in favor of Chromecast for TV, and Android Auto (wired) for car.

So If Miracast is a requirement, then you better check your phone first. You may be able to invoke the stand alone Android Auto App and cast that to the Hudley, as it really is just a clear TV/Monitor that accepts miracast.

Personally, I think they should find a way to support wired android auto, as most users will have their plugged in for charging if they are using it for casting.

But anyone want to take bets for how long it will take to see a movie playing on someones Hudley while driving?

- If you are an Android user that means no Pixel, Nexus, Motorola and other Android brands that use stock Android. Google removed Miracast support in favor of Chromecast for TV, and Android Auto (wired) for car.

So If Miracast is a requirement, then you better check your phone first. You may be able to invoke the stand alone Android Auto App and cast that to the Hudley, as it really is just a clear TV/Monitor that accepts miracast.

Personally, I think they should find a way to support wired android auto, as most users will have their plugged in for charging if they are using it for casting.

But anyone want to take bets for how long it will take to see a movie playing on someones Hudley while driving?

They should be able to add support for Chromecast easily, if Google will let them.

As for the movie: the first day they're in the wild.

As I am backer - I can confirm it'll be supported very, very soon. As early as April 2018.

As I am backer - I can confirm it'll be supported very, very soon. As early as April 2018.

They should enhance the site with more details. I just see Miracast listed for Android which many phones don’t support. The phrase “Android Auto” is nowhere on the description page.

They should enhance the site with more details. I just see Miracast listed for Android which many phones don’t support. The phrase “Android Auto” is nowhere on the description page.

Check comments section. They are done with the campaign. Shipment is starting literally in couple of weeks. There's no point in updating campaign data now. They raised almost 300%. They are also giving this rather good OBDII thing which will give data to the HUD for about $30 and BT driven TMPS sensors - same price. Anyways, its a good product but has its intricacies here and there.

I find it funny when people think that HUD is something "new" in vehicles. 24 years ago I had a 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme that had HeadsUpDisplay (HUD). It worked really well and would show MPH, emergency info and turn signal info.

Check comments section. They are done with the campaign. Shipment is starting literally in couple of weeks. There's no point in updating campaign data now. They raised almost 300%. They are also giving this rather good OBDII thing which will give data to the HUD for about $30 and BT driven TMPS sensors - same price. Anyways, its a good product but has its intricacies here and there.

I just did read the comments and they support (don't support) what I thought. They are using Miracast to cast anything on the phone - so they will cast the AA screen, not actually be using AA. Stock Android users are currently out of luck - from the comments 2 days ago:

"@Baivab Hudly can cast any app, that includes Android Auto. The creators said they are working on getting Pixel/stock Android phones to work with Hudly."

Nexus, Pixel, motorola and other android phones that don't support Miracast will fail to work.

I get annoyed when companies dance around something to hide lack of support. Their statement is clearly not true: "our HUD is now compatible with virtually all Android and iPhone smartphones and tablets" When you look at the major brands that are not compatible.

Once again, Buyer Beware.

I find it funny when people think that HUD is something "new" in vehicles. 24 years ago I had a 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme that had HeadsUpDisplay (HUD). It worked really well and would show MPH, emergency info and turn signal info.

Show me one comment where anyone said it was new? No one thinks it's new. The CX-5 is the first not $50,000 car to offer a HUD in this modern age. That's new.[emoji16]

I didn't want HUD but the dealer only had one in the color I wanted with HUD. So they threw it in to make the sale. I'm glad I have it now. A lot of info and yes, its new to me! (spin)

Yes, but thought it would be distractive but it's not. I really like it with the NAV.

It's not new tech but has taken time for it to become more mainstream

Can HUD be installed later on a 2017 Touring?
In other words, is everything pre-wired for HUD but of course the actual display is missing?

Back