Heads up display for cx5 gt 2017

Pardz17

:
cx5 gt awd 2017
Hi. Y did mazda remove the heads up display for cx5 gt 2017? But i see some other people with same model same year with the heads up display. Or is it an option to have it? According to the dealership where i bought, mazda removed it and put it for the 2018 model. Its not a big deal but its one of the reason y i chose cx5 over crv.

You needed to select premium package for 2017 model to get heads up display.

Same deal for 2018 model

Ditto on the heads u display. Its really useful. I'm surprised how accurately it "reads" speed limit signs.
And having navigation instructions displayed on the windshield seems much safer than on the display, no need to take my eyes off the road to see when to turn.

Ditto on the heads u display. Its really useful. I'm surprised how accurately it "reads" speed limit signs.
And having navigation instructions displayed on the windshield seems much safer than on the display, no need to take my eyes off the road to see when to turn.

I have the same pop up HUD on my 2017 Mazda 6 GT.
At first when I was still shopping around, I thought it was nothing more than a gimmick. Wrong.
I've just completed my drive from Ottawa (Canada) to Florida, and I would not give up the HUD for anything.
I don't think I ever looked down on the dash during my drive.
As you say, everything is there, including the nav directions.
I too am amazed at how it knows what the speed limits are. I rely on that more than the street signs.
It's all good.

I too am amazed at how it knows what the speed limits are. I rely on that more than the street signs.

Nothing magical: it "knows" because the camera "reads" those same street signs.
It sure is a handy reminder.
I wouldn't give it up, either!
The whole i-activesense system is wonderful.

i have it, that premium package is well worth it. Considering more premium car brands charge $1000+ just for the HUD. Im never gonna buy a car without it.

Yes it is magical - having the information floating near the end of the bonnet! (rofl)

It gets speed limits from the GPS. It's not relying on signs. What if there no sign right away?

It gets speed limits from the GPS. It's not relying on signs. What if there no sign right away?

If there is no sign, it doesn't display a reading until it sees one. Watch next time you leave home.

If there is no sign, it doesn't display a reading until it sees one. Watch next time you leave home.

Mine does! It starts blank but displays a sign immediately after starting which is stored in gps. It then switches to recognition proper after the first sign it sees.

Back