Headlight assemblies

I've been looking to replace my headlight assemblies to a black inner coat. I know it will make my car look better, but why are they $400+ for an 18yo car?! Does anyone have any tips for increasing the brightness for night driving without conversion kits? Thanks.

I've been looking to replace my headlight assemblies to a black inner coat. I know it will make my car look better, but why are they $400+ for an 18yo car?! Does anyone have any tips for increasing the brightness for night driving without conversion kits? Thanks.
Sounds like you're looking to do two things which aren't necessarily related:
1. Swap to the Canadian market style headlights with blacked out inner housings
2. Increase light output

I haven't personally done anything with my own headlights, but I've done some research on modification options. Here's some stuff that might help you out, and hopefully others who have more experience can chime in.

(I'm positive there's more I've forgotten...will post if I remember them)

$400 is expensive today for headlights considering the average P5 value, but that sounds correct for a new OEM set. I have no idea if they still sell them new, and I probably wouldn't dare pay that much. Sometimes you can find junkyards selling them off of Canadian market cars in the states. If that's a route you want to take, check car-part.com.

Upvote 0
Back