2013~2016 Has anyone painted their pinch welds?

Digbicks1234

16.5 CX-5 Touring/2023 CX-9 Touring
Out of curiosity since metal is prone to rust over time from the elements, I was wondering if anyone has painted their pinch welds? If so, what products have you used and how is it holding up?

I undercoated the entire vehicle (where appropriate) right after I got it. I used several cans. Toxic stuff, I used a box fan at low speed for adequate ventilation when doing the underside of the vehicle and wheel wells. 3M is good quality. It works quite well.

I undercoated the entire vehicle (where appropriate) right after I got it. I used several cans. Toxic stuff, I used a box fan at low speed for adequate ventilation when doing the underside of the vehicle and wheel wells. 3M is good quality. It works quite well.
Gotta be careful when spraying undercoating in these vehicles. Weep holes can be easily covered, creating poor drainage in critical locations.

Here in San Diego we get so little rain rust is a non-issue.

I use fluid film on the undercarriage of mine, hit any places that look to have surface rust starting at each oil change. I sprayed and wipped the pinch welds with ff only because they looked dirty. Fluid film is a liquid and can wear off if exposed to water splashing and snow between oil changes but it is fantastic at preventing rust. Some of the thick tar like under coatings can hold moisture underneath and promote rust (see video)

Back