Has anyone bought a CX-30 yet?

Picking up a Polymetal Grey Premium Monday at Fitz in Annapolis, MD. This is going to be a dramatic change from a regular cab 4x4 pickup but I really liked the interior. I was leaning towards white but liked the upscale look with less contrast between the cladding and the grey. I also like the brown/black interior.

Picking up a Polymetal Grey Premium Monday at Fitz in Annapolis, MD. This is going to be a dramatic change from a regular cab 4x4 pickup but I really liked the interior. I was leaning towards white but liked the upscale look with less contrast between the cladding and the grey. I also like the brown/black interior.

Nice! I think that's the colour combo I would go with as well, if I were buying a CX-30.

Nice! I think that's the colour combo I would go with as well, if I were buying a CX-30.
Thanks, I was real close to going with a Honda Passport but decided to see if I could live with something smaller and get the better styling and mpg. Just hope it handles the roads in the national wildlife refuges ok.

That would have been my first choice if I could afford it as much as I like the Mazda. Nice consolation I‘d say.

The Q3 brand new was actually less than what my Mazda dealer wanted for a CX-5 turbo
I just did a quick search and compared the Q3 to the CX-5 turbo here in Canada.
You are right. They are pretty much the same price before any haggling.
I'm thinking the Audi dealer might be more willing to move on his price vs. Mazda.
Something to think about.

Just wanted to let you all know, because of the total jerk arse behavior of my mazda dealer, I ended up with a 2020 Audi Q3

That's a shame. No other Mazda dealers you could have dealt with?

I just did a quick search and compared the Q3 to the CX-5 turbo here in Canada.
You are right. They are pretty much the same price before any haggling.
I'm thinking the Audi dealer might be more willing to move on his price vs. Mazda.
Something to think about.

I'm sure they would be more willing, but IMO the CX-5 appears to be better than the Q3 in many different ways, aside from the perceived prestige of the brand. That would make the CX-5 the better buy, if I were cross-shopping the two. Comparing it to the CX-30 is a different story, though.

Depends on where you live I guess.
Here in Europe all CX-30s comes with HUD but it looks like you need a specific package in the US to get it.
Does the European version have power folding mirrors?

Our lease was up on our '17 CX-5 so we traded for a CX-30 Premium, Soul Red Crystal/Black. We are loving it. Great handling, sophisticated interior, great infotainment system, Bose system has great clarity. All the room we need. Actually feels more premium than the CX-5 we traded in.

I just read a review (Automotive Engineering magazine) of the CX-30 in which it was mentioned that Mazda may be offering a 227 HP Turbo as an option. This may be the perfect vehicle for my wife and me (on weekends).

I wonder if that's going to be still based on Skyactiv-G.

Not for nothing, I would have loved to have the option for the Skyactiv-D diesel engine.

I wonder if that's going to be still based on Skyactiv-G.

Not for nothing, I would have loved to have the option for the Skyactiv-D diesel engine.
It would most likely be the same turbo motor that they're using in the CX-5 the CX-9 and the Mazda 6

A turbocharged CX-30 with 227 HP!? Yes, please! I'm already a fan of the current one but add boost and more power and it becomes even more enticing...Is this just a rumor at this point or is it likely? Confirmed?

Quoted from the April 2020 Automotive Engineering description of the 2020 CX-30: "Mazda's more muscular turbocharged four rated at 227 hp is a likely early upgrade."

I know it's not talking about the CX-30, but this article from Car and Driver almost exactly one year ago is relevant to what we were talking about.

Here, they talk about the 227hp engine and the possibility of bringing back Mazdaspeed with it.

If there is a calculated Return On Investment within a reasonable amount of time, they will.

Back