Has anyone bought a CX-30 yet?

Congrats to everyone being new CX-30 Owners...Interesting to read impressions and comments on the new model...Keep 'em coming! 😁

IMG_20200219_154254.jpg
This is a fantastic pic, does a great job of selling the CX-30. Oh Mazda...Are you reading this..? 😉

Just curious, but has anyone seen even one ad for the CX-30 anywhere?
If it wasn't for this site, I'd never guess Mazda launched a new vehicle.
Every day on TV I see multiple ads for new stuff from the Koreans, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, etc., but not a peep from Mazda.
In particular, there's a lot of air play for the new Hyundai Kona, the Nissan Kicks, as well as TV ads for their other current models.
But what the heck is Mazda doing to get the word out on the CX-30? Nothing that I can see.
I've seen the odd bland boring ad for the CX-5 and the 3, but that's it.
I've never seen an ad for the 6 or the CX-3 or the CX-9.
It's like they don't care if they ever sell any of them.
Their lineup is small and inadequate to begin with, and yet they can't seem to be bothered to find the money in their budget to actually get the word out that they're in the car business.
Do they not want to sell anything?
I just don't get it.

Just curious, but has anyone seen even one ad for the CX-30 anywhere?
If it wasn't for this site, I'd never guess Mazda launched a new vehicle.
Every day on TV I see multiple ads for new stuff from the Koreans, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, etc., but not a peep from Mazda.
In particular, there's a lot of air play for the new Hyundai Kona, the Nissan Kicks, as well as TV ads for their other current models.
But what the heck is Mazda doing to get the word out on the CX-30? Nothing that I can see.
I've seen the odd bland boring ad for the CX-5 and the 3, but that's it.
I've never seen an ad for the 6 or the CX-3 or the CX-9.
It's like they don't care if they ever sell any of them.
Their lineup is small and inadequate to begin with, and yet they can't seem to be bothered to find the money in their budget to actually get the word out that they're in the car business.
Do they not want to sell anything?
I just don't get it.

I've seen a commerical on U.S. television but I don't remember which channel/network. It shows a couple going around town buying things for their house or a small business. Their vehicle is the CX-30. I've seen it a number of times but don't remember if it was on the same channel or various different outlets. It's the red color.

Here's the commercial. This is the long version.

I thought I'd see another one but couldn't find it.

I've had my Deep Crystal Mica Blue Premium Package/Black Leather FWD for about a month now and love it!! I drove 200 miles to pick this one up since there was only one in FL with this color/trim configuration. Good dealer experience. I wanted the auto-dimming mirror but it is not available until sometime this month so dealer will give it to me at cost when it arrives. I'm kind of getting used to not having auto-dimming but my last two vehicles (Mercedes GLA250 and Lexus IS250) both had it and it definitely IS a nice feature, plus you get the Homelink garage door opener with it. I got the cargo cover too as a "throw in" on my deal. Gas mileage is about 28 combined city/hwy but I do more city driving so I would imagine that on a long highway drive I would be closer to about 34-35 mpg. The vehicle rides very smooth and the engine never seems to struggle accelerating on the highway. All the safety features it includes are a bonus too. I WAS given some misinformation at a couple of the dealers I visited in that they said I would be able to see speed limits on my HUD but, apparently, you can only get this feature if you also have NAV, which I don't. No biggie....I just connect my phone for Android Auto and use Waze and Waze shows me speed limits. Google Maps does not show speed limits yet when using Android Auto. Hope they address this bug soon, cause I prefer Google Maps to Waze. Anyway, love the vehicle and would be happy to answer any questions. One of the only things I do not like is the interior color combos Mazda designers have chosen. Mine is supposed to be black but actually the seats are a very dark brown leather and part of the dash and doors are black with brown accents. Not very attractive and it was almost a deal-breaker for me, but I am getting used to it. I would venture to guess that the 2021s will be all black or all beige.

We've had ours since mid-January (it's my wife's car). It's the premium package in white with the black/brown leather interior. We actually really liked this interior color scheme. So far so good other than the headlights (see the other thread I started). If anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask. Cheers.

Well, the CX-30 looks to have been a good move. They sold 3750 CX-30's and 3756 Mazda 3s. Together, that is way more than Mazda 3 + CX-3's sold last year.

Overall, February was a good month for Mazda:

Last edited:
Well, I mentioned earlier I hadn't seen an ad up here in Canada for the CX-30 yet.
I'm happy to report I've seen a CX-30 ad on tv several times in the past few days.
That's the good.
The bad is that the ad is about as bland and boring as a car ad can get.
I don't remember the "plot" at all to be honest.
I only noticed it was for the Mazda when they flashed the CX-30 emblem on the rear hatch at the end.
It could have been a generic ad for any similar type of vehicle.
I'm glad they're advertising it, but they really need to find a new ad company that can put a little zip into the message. Make it stand out somehow.
The ad does nothing to attract your attention.
Back to the drawing board Mazda.

I guess I miss the old fashioned commercials that stated facts and figures instead of these imaginary starting a new restaurant, or getting dragged into the sky with a red balloon.

Well, I mentioned earlier I hadn't seen an ad up here in Canada for the CX-30 yet.
I'm happy to report I've seen a CX-30 ad on tv several times in the past few days.
That's the good.
The bad is that the ad is about as bland and boring as a car ad can get.
I don't remember the "plot" at all to be honest.
I only noticed it was for the Mazda when they flashed the CX-30 emblem on the rear hatch at the end.
It could have been a generic ad for any similar type of vehicle.
I'm glad they're advertising it, but they really need to find a new ad company that can put a little zip into the message. Make it stand out somehow.
The ad does nothing to attract your attention.
Back to the drawing board Mazda.

Yeah, I hate their ads. The should be screaming about their top safety pick ranking and their numerous wins in critics lists, etc.

On Saturday we bought a Premium AWD in Machine Gray Metallic with black interior. Added a cargo cover and Homelink mirror. Picture is that color combination, but not our car. It came from another town and we picked it up in the dark.20200229_173535.jpg

Why would you have to add Homelink after the fact on a Premium and then pay for installation?

My 6 is machine grey, and after 3 years, I still love the colour.
It looks great on the CX-30 in that picture.
That's what I would go with too.

I see the ads all the time on Comedy Central while watching The Daily Show with Trevor Noah. They are very bland and don't show enough of the car. "Lifestyle" ads. One of the things I like about the CX-30 is the black/brown interior but then my Audi A4 is black/brown. Our CX-5 has a black interior and I get bored with it.

I'm excited about all the new owners who love their CX-30s. Our lease is up in May. That's our next car.

I'm excited about all the new owners who love their CX-30s. Our lease is up in May. That's our next car.

Yes it is exciting to see not only Happy Owners but a new Mazda model launch successfully (seems like it at least)...I'm looking forward to many a CX-30 thread...Bring it on! 🎸🤘

Why would you have to add Homelink after the fact on a Premium and then pay for installation?
The Autodimming mirror with Homelink was not available at all on any trim when I purchased mine in early-January (I actually said earlier I had had mine for a month but it's actually been two months!) so they offered it to me at cost when it comes in in March. Even though I was able to "build" it with the mirror on their website, in reality it wasn't available for purchase yet. Not sure if they are available yet on the vehicle directly from the factory. Based on your question, they must be now.

I'm wanting on but problem is my dealer is loaded up on base model but no Premium's, the sell them just as soon as they get one in

I see the ads all the time. They are very bland and don't show enough of the car. "Lifestyle" ads.
Yup. These "Lifestyle" ads just don't work. Maybe for a Peloton exercise bike they do, but not for a brand new car that Mazda has introduced and is trying to grab your attention.

I just read this this morning:
"The World Car Awards today released a list of the “Top Three in The World” finalists for its 2020 vehicle awards in five categories, as selected by a jury of 86 international automotive journalists from 23 countries all around the world."
Guess what? Mazda has two of those spots, and Kia the third.
They are the Mazda 3, the CX-30 and the Telluride.
Will Mazda finally get on board and actually use this to their advantage in their next ads?
Probably not.
They'll continue to show a hockey mom taking her son to the rink, or something like that.
Come on Mazda, get with it.

Back